Topics

Cover Pro 1000 CXP

Cynthia Dickerson

I also worked on my Cover Pro all day and cannot get it to run properly.  It has set for about a year without any use because I was sick.  Now I do believe the tension disks will not release.  No matter what I try, new needles, rethread at least 12 times.  Many adjustments on the dials and the white pressure foot adjustment.  Nothing works.  Is there possibly a manual way to release the tensions?  I did take it all apart and oiled the inside because it was really dragging.  This made it hum like a pro but still the tensions did not release.  I am kind of handy, so if anyone knows how to adjust it, I would appreciate it.

DLGolfs

Crazy but did you clean the discs? Use dental floss…

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of Cynthia Dickerson
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 4:18 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Cover Pro 1000 CXP

I also worked on my Cover Pro all day and cannot get it to run properly.  It has set for about a year without any use because I was sick.  Now I do believe the tension disks will not release.  No matter what I try, new needles, rethread at least 12 times.  Many adjustments on the dials and the white pressure foot adjustment.  Nothing works.  Is there possibly a manual way to release the tensions?  I did take it all apart and oiled the inside because it was really dragging.  This made it hum like a pro but still the tensions did not release.  I am kind of handy, so if anyone knows how to adjust it, I would appreciate it.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Mary Jo Hirsch

Use wax free floss

On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 7:28 PM DLGolfs <DLGolfs@...> wrote:

Crazy but did you clean the discs? Use dental floss…

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of Cynthia Dickerson
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 4:18 PM
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Cover Pro 1000 CXP

Virus-free. www.avg.com

--
null

Cynthia Dickerson

Thank you for your help.  I got up this morning at 2:30am because It was on my mind and started working again on it.  A friend had sent me the cover pro repair manual and I went to work.  By 6:30am, it was running great and my shirt was finished.  I cleaned the discs first and changed thread to three different colors.  I had to use another brand and found out that for one thing, it did not like the thread I was using even though I had used it before.  When I put in Maxi Lock, I could tell the discs were better.  I changed all of my settings including the pressure on the presser foot which are is where even near what the factory settings should be.  I see know why it never ran that great.  I was always afraid to mess with the dials for fear of really messing it up.  Well, it is running great now and I am happy.  

Cat - N

I am glad you got it figured out...been there myself, even with the thread.  I opened three brand new (still cellophane-wrapped but no idea how old they actually were since they were given to me by a friend) cones of black thread once, and all I did was tie the threads on and pull them through, and boy-oh-boy did my 10-thread Pfaff 4872 dislike that thread!!!  I even completely re-threaded and it still hated the 'thought and taste' of that black thread...the same brand I was already using.  Since the color thread didn't really matter, I put the pink, yellow and blue threads back, and the machine just hummed along perfectly, so the black bull denim had a lovely pastel overedge stitch on it...LOL. 

I have since bought more of the same brand of black thread, and the machine loves the thread.  No idea why it 'hates' those three cones...nothing at all wrong with them that I can tell from the 'tests' I did on them OFF the machine...LOL

- Cat

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thu, May 21, 2020 6:33 am
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Cover Pro 1000 CXP

Thank you for your help.  I got up this morning at 2:30am because It was on my mind and started working again on it.  A friend had sent me the cover pro repair manual and I went to work.  By 6:30am, it was running great and my shirt was finished.  I cleaned the discs first and changed thread to three different colors.  I had to use another brand and found out that for one thing, it did not like the thread I was using even though I had used it before.  When I put in Maxi Lock, I could tell the discs were better.  I changed all of my settings including the pressure on the presser foot which are is where even near what the factory settings should be.  I see know why it never ran that great.  I was always afraid to mess with the dials for fear of really messing it up.  Well, it is running great now and I am happy.  

_._,

Tracy

Jim may have more info about this - but I think if you turn the handwheel backwards about 1/4 turn and have the presser foot up that the tensions are supposed to be released.  This works on my 644D Janome serger and is something that was one of the lessons in a generic serger class I have been part of.

Tracy in Nashville, TN

Martha Pullen Licensed Educator

Thank you for your feedback. I was having the same problem with my coverpro, change brand of thread and this lovely machine is working fine. It is a great machine.

Enviado desde Yahoo Mail para iPad

El jueves, mayo 21, 2020, 7:44 a.m., Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> escribió:

Cynthia Dickerson

Thank you Tracy, I will be remembering this hint!!!