Cover for the 15000

capaul45@...

Hi,

I've been reading through the Forum replies each day and the 15000 Cover has come up.  At about the era of the Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000 the hard case seems to have disappeared and a soft black cover with pockets has replaced that plastic white cover that is with many of the smaller machines and was with the MC11000, MC10000 and my 38 year old MC6000.  Those covers were nice and seemed sturdy enough, but they were bulky to store and if you turned them upside down and filled them with stuff from the sewing room, they needed to be emptied to use.

So I just saying that I NEVER, EVER saw a hard cover for the 12000, or 15000, and I know a lot of people that owns one or more of these machines.  Don't worry because you didn't throw anything away.  Just look for a plastic bag with a very flat black piece of fabric with pockets and a flap over the cover - all one piece in your sewing box or where you might have hidden it in your sewing room.  Again it's Black with JANOME written on it in RED somewhere on the front of the flap.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Vikki Youngmeyer

Test

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of capaul45@...
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 1:12 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Cover for the 15000

Hi,

I've been reading through the Forum replies each day and the 15000 Cover has come up.  At about the era of the Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000 the hard case seems to have disappeared and a soft black cover with pockets has replaced that plastic white cover that is with many of the smaller machines and was with the MC11000, MC10000 and my 38 year old MC6000.  Those covers were nice and seemed sturdy enough, but they were bulky to store and if you turned them upside down and filled them with stuff from the sewing room, they needed to be emptied to use.

So I just saying that I NEVER, EVER saw a hard cover for the 12000, or 15000, and I know a lot of people that owns one or more of these machines.  Don't worry because you didn't throw anything away.  Just look for a plastic bag with a very flat black piece of fabric with pockets and a flap over the cover - all one piece in your sewing box or where you might have hidden it in your sewing room.  Again it's Black with JANOME written on it in RED somewhere on the front of the flap.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

favymtz

Cheryl, I'm with you about the hard cover for the 15000! (and 12000!) (and other recent machines)
People were actually 'arguing' with the gal on Facebook about it, but she's insisting that she had one...
But how a person could have accidentally thrown it away I'll never know...

Favymtz

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 8:51 PM Vikki Youngmeyer <vikkiy@...> wrote:

Test

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of capaul45@...

Hi,

I've been reading through the Forum replies each day and the 15000 Cover has come up.  At about the era of the Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000 the hard case seems to have disappeared and a soft black cover with pockets has replaced that plastic white cover that is with many of the smaller machines and was with the MC11000, MC10000 and my 38 year old MC6000.  Those covers were nice and seemed sturdy enough, but they were bulky to store and if you turned them upside down and filled them with stuff from the sewing room, they needed to be emptied to use.

So I just saying that I NEVER, EVER saw a hard cover for the 12000, or 15000, and I know a lot of people that owns one or more of these machines.  Don't worry because you didn't throw anything away.  Just look for a plastic bag with a very flat black piece of fabric with pockets and a flap over the cover - all one piece in your sewing box or where you might have hidden it in your sewing room.  Again it's Black with JANOME written on it in RED somewhere on the front of the flap.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

--
Favymtz

June E Hudspeth

Hi Everyone:

I have a 15000, and have the infamous black fabric case with “bold” red letter saying Janome on it (LOL).

Cheryl:  On another note, any idea on when you might get your new “baby” (smile).

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of favymtz
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2022 6:27 AM
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Cover for the 15000

Cheryl, I'm with you about the hard cover for the 15000! (and 12000!) (and other recent machines)

People were actually 'arguing' with the gal on Facebook about it, but she's insisting that she had one...

Favymtz

Test

Hi,

I've been reading through the Forum replies each day and the 15000 Cover has come up.  At about the era of the Janome Horizon Memory Craft 12000 the hard case seems to have disappeared and a soft black cover with pockets has replaced that plastic white cover that is with many of the smaller machines and was with the MC11000, MC10000 and my 38 year old MC6000.  Those covers were nice and seemed sturdy enough, but they were bulky to store and if you turned them upside down and filled them with stuff from the sewing room, they needed to be emptied to use.

So I just saying that I NEVER, EVER saw a hard cover for the 12000, or 15000, and I know a lot of people that owns one or more of these machines.  Don't worry because you didn't throw anything away.  Just look for a plastic bag with a very flat black piece of fabric with pockets and a flap over the cover - all one piece in your sewing box or where you might have hidden it in your sewing room.  Again it's Black with JANOME written on it in RED somewhere on the front of the flap.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

--
Favymtz

Elizabeth Mccall

YES ! I HAVE A HARD WHITE COVER WITH A HANDLE OPENING !     IT came with my 15000 when I bought it from my dealer !
 I think the white plastic hard cover  may  be very  easy to loose ,  as mine was missing when I picked up my machine from a repairman.  I gave him my 15000 in my TOTO turquoise color   fabric  roller carry case.  I was glad I looked inside to catch his error..  and  I have  the foldable fabric cover in black,  Janome on it & several Janome machine pads for my other machines.
Elizabeth Ann in NC mountains

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 1:08 PM June E Hudspeth <juneeh@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone:

I have a 15000, and have the infamous black fabric case with “bold” red letter saying Janome on it (LOL).

Cheryl:  On another note, any idea on when you might get your new “baby” (smile).

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of favymtz

Favymtz

Test

Hi,

Cheryl - Saskatoon

--
Favymtz

Pixey

Hi Elizabeth Ann,

I am wondering whether your specific dealer might have included a universal hard sided cover as an extra accessory because the black cover was  confusing for a lot of early adopters. Is the hard sided 15000 cover, actually branded Janome?  I recall my MC3000 hard sided cover had a little decal with the machine name and number on it on the front center. Also was it actually packed in the box with the machine? 

If it was branded with Janome or 15000, you have a unique ‘prototype’ that did not come in most machines.

Out of additional curiosity which machine configuration does it fit over? Basic machine without the extension table or with the embroidery unit attached?

Pixey

On Apr 28, 2022, at 1:53 PM, Elizabeth Mccall <mountainlady989@...> wrote:

YES ! I HAVE A HARD WHITE COVER WITH A HANDLE OPENING !     IT came with my 15000 when I bought it from my dealer !
 I think the white plastic hard cover  may  be very  easy to loose ,  as mine was missing when I picked up my machine from a repairman.  I gave him my 15000 in my TOTO turquoise color   fabric  roller carry case.  I was glad I looked inside to catch his error..  and  I have  the foldable fabric cover in black,  Janome on it & several Janome machine pads for my other machines.
Elizabeth Ann in NC mountains

On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 1:08 PM June E Hudspeth <juneeh@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone:

Favymtz

Test

Hi,

Cheryl - Saskatoon

--
Favymtz

favymtz

Elizabeth can you please take a picture of the cover and show it to us?
Thanks, I’m so curious!
Favymtz 

--
Favymtz

Anne Parker

Hi Favy and Cheryl - I'm still here.  We have sold our 250yr old place with 2 acres of garden and living in a caravan at the moment - looking for a new home.  So I have some time at last to pick up some of my hobbies - mainly sewing.  I have managed to fit in a small hand crank Essex chain stitch machine - I bought it 2 years ago and only worked out how to thread it two days ago , and a Singer 222k.  Hopefully I will have the bobbin and bobbin case when I open it's case but the last four years have been so manic who knows.  Not sure exactly what this thread is about, but I definitely didn't have a hard cover for my 15000.  It came with the ugliest black soft cover with awful red Janome writing on.  It's stayed in the box it was delivered in, in the loft until we moved.  No idea why I am even keeping it.

Anne

Cynthia Dickerson

Gosh I love the black cover with the red Janome on it.  Way easier to maneuver around.  

favymtz

Nice to hear from you Anne! Living in a caravan (here we call it an RV!) how do you sew??? Or store your sewing machine collection?
Re the soft black cover, at least it collapses for storing it! 
Or as Cynthia says "easier to maneuver around"!!
Let's not complain, at least it is not a soft vinyl cover...
Favymtz

--
Favymtz

Pixey

Have to admit, I am not a big fan of the black cover but am glad it folds away flat. Mainly this is because my machine is usually set up with the extension table and embroidery unit attached. I modified the pattern for a smaller sewing machine fabric cover and made my own to accommodate the extension table height and added an apron across the back to cover the embroidery unit. I made it of a washable, smooth texture home decor fabric so it would not hold dust as much. Made a matching throw style cover for my 500e, because that plastic one was a joke. Particularly for the high humidity where I live.

Pixey

SewingRose

Edited

I don't like those black covers either, and never use them as my sewing room is light and bright so a stark black cover would be out of place and not what I want.  So as I unpack a new machine, the folding black cover remains in the machine box until that machine gets sold in a couple of years as I upgrade, the buyer is always excited to get a brand new (never used) machine cover.    Many years ago when I got my 9000 I made a quilted, embroidered cover to suit the decor in the sewing room and have made several more in the years since as the machines have become larger, some I've added a gusset for extra girth, some have had a bottom band added for a taller machine and others have been relegated to the felting machine/overlocker/coverpro and I make a new larger one for the sewing or embroidery machine. 

At the moment I'm making an accessory box storage cover to use with the three storage trays for the 15000, this matches the machine covers mentioned above, and the black vinyl case will live in the machine box for the next ?? years until I change machines again.  The accessory box cover is bad enough being black, but then has a purple lining...sorry to anyone who likes these colours, but they are not my choice and I've remedied that....isn't that why we sew?? 

Machines are covered as soon as I finish sewing each day and it's so nice walking back into the room with all the machines well covered and looking just perfect! ;-)

favymtz

Sewing Rose , we think alike! The very first thing I sewed on my 15000 when I brought her home was a new case for the accessory trays. I took the black one apart to use it as the pattern and even reused the foam inside. It’s so pretty and makes me happy to look at it!
My machines also have beautiful covers that I made. The only time those black things come out of their hidey-hole is when they travel.
Favymtz 

--
Favymtz

Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...>

Favy and Rose,
I'd enjoy seeing pictures of the covers both of you have made. They sound like a really good idea.
:-)

On Saturday, April 30, 2022, 07:13:55 PM CDT, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

Sewing Rose , we think alike! The very first thing I sewed on my 15000 when I brought her home was a new case for the accessory trays. I took the black one apart to use it as the pattern and even reused the foam inside. It’s so pretty and makes me happy to look at it!
My machines also have beautiful covers that I made. The only time those black things come out of their hidey-hole is when they travel.
Favymtz 

--
Favymtz

SewingRose

Great minds eh?  I didn't take the black one apart, instead took measurements from it and made a whole new case because down the track when it comes time to sell the 15000, the black one will go with the machine.   Also I made a couple of changes and added pockets, one inside the lid to replace that velcro piece and another along the inside front where I added foldover elastic along the top edge to keep it snug.  I had a piece of zipper-by-the-metre just the right length, then added another slide running in the opposite direction so it will still open from the centre. 

The plastic counter savers that were in the kitchen had a few scratches and it was time for recycling, so they were washed in hot, soapy water and when dry I cut them to size and covered with calico quilted onto batting for the exterior, a quilting cotton for the interior, and of course, emb designs to match the machine covers. 

Kathy...it's not quite finished yet unfortunately, had several other things to do which interrupted sewing time. 

;-)

Shirley Taylor

The link did not work

favymtz

Here is one of my covers that is just a simple throw over quilt, and a few views of my Accessory case.
They work for my sewing room preferences. Favymtz 

--
Favymtz

Favy,
I'm so impressed with your accessories case! And the fabric is absolutely perfect for your sewing room. I bet you could sell those. I love the colors you have in your sewing room. It's so cheerful and bright. Thanks for sending the picture.
Kathy

On Monday, May 2, 2022, 06:23:40 PM CDT, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

Here is one of my covers that is just a simple throw over quilt, and a few views of my Accessory case.

--
Favymtz

I forgot to mention the quilt. Are the quilted blocks your own design? It has given me some ideas for what to cover my machine with.
:-)
Kathy

On Monday, May 2, 2022, 06:23:40 PM CDT, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

--
Favymtz

favymtz

Here are pictures of the other sides of the covers. All of the designs are mostly composed from the built in designs that come with the machine and or Acufil and in Horizon Link. I did do some digitizing as well. I taught this project as part of our Workbook class for the Acufil topic, done during the Covid shutdown. 

~f
--
Favymtz