converting large designs to fit our hoops

Pam Rowe <waginwag@...>

Thanks for your help, have downloaded the foot app and look forward to ones for the 12.

I have some large designs I would like to convert from pes to jef but my buzz hasn’t got hoop sizes in its programme yet.  Has anyone solved this problem.

Pam__

Anne <csarina43@...>

Ambassador pulsemicro.com is a programme that converts designs from pes to jef, it will convert most of the popular machine programmes.

There is also another one I think its called wilcon, if you put in conversion programmes for embroidery desiigns you should find it on there, both of them are free

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The best solution to your design conversion problem would be Janome's new Digitizer MBX. However it's not yet available to all dealers, and that's overkill if you don't want to create your own designs. That digitizing software comes from Wilcom, and they also have a free conversion program:
http://www.wilcom.com.au/PRODUCTS.aspx/TrueSizer.aspx

To convert your designs with TrueSizer follow these steps:
1. Download and install TrueSizer e2. Open it when done.

2. Open one of your PES designs using "File -> Open".

3. Use the measuring tool (Type M) to get the overall size of your design. If necessary, rotate the design using the rotate tool on the top toolbar.

4. Use "File -> Save As" to open the file save dialog. Change the format at the bottom to "Janome JEF".

5. Click the "Options" button in the bottom right corner and select either the MB-4 machine. That will give you the M1 hoop which is 200 x 240mm (about 8" x 10").

6. When you open the design in HorizonLink, the hoop will be changed to the size necessary to stitch it on the 12000. When opening the design in your machine, pay close attention to the hoop displayed on the screen and make sure you use that hoop.

If you have a design that is larger than the M1 hoop this process won't work. For the moment only Digitizer MBX will do what you need. Eventually the 3rd party conversion programs will be updated, but for now this is your best option.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Pam Rowe" <waginwag@...> wrote:

Thanks for your help, have downloaded the foot app and look forward to ones
for the 12.

I have some large designs I would like to convert from pes to jef but my
buzz hasn't got hoop sizes in its programme yet. Has anyone solved this
problem.
&#937;>

Pam__

Sherry Martin

I have a program called embird that I downloaded from the internet. In that program you can set up custom hoop sizes. I haven't tried it yet to see if it will work for the 12000 hoops.

It is a program kind of inbetween a really expensive program and the software that comes with the machine. You can do more editing than comes with machine, convert designs from other formats, buy extra text fonts,etc. It also has an upgrade that is a digitizing program but that is something I won't ever do, so the basic program works really good for me.

[...]

vicki chrobak

Pam--I have Buzz Size 2.01 (OLD!) but it has ability for custom sizing hoops plus lots of large sizes.

--
Vicki Jo

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

I would hold off on using Embird for a while for two reasons:

1. Creating a custom hoop will not result in the correct code being put into the JEF design file. If the JEF file is not correctly formatted, it can cause the machine to malfunction.

2. Embird mistakenly assumed that designs for the 11000 had to be in JEF+ format. They did not quite reverse engineer that format correctly, and it caused problems for early adopters. The 12000 introduces the JPX format, which opens the door for further problems.

Give them a few months to work things out, and Embird should be fine.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry Martin" <shejmartin@...> wrote:

I have a program called embird that I downloaded from the internet. In that program you can set up custom hoop sizes. I haven't tried it yet to see if it will work for the 12000 hoops.

It is a program kind of inbetween a really expensive program and the software that comes with the machine. You can do more editing than comes with machine, convert designs from other formats, buy extra text fonts,etc. It also has an upgrade that is a digitizing program but that is something I won't ever do, so the basic program works really good for me.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Buzz Size does not yet have the 12000 hoops in it, but should soon. In the meantime you can use it to save for the M1 hoop on the MB-4, which will automatically be promoted to hoop GR when opened in the 12000 or HorizonLink.

By the way, you can update your Buzz Size to the latest version here:
http://www.buzztools.com/updates/downloads.asp

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

Pam--I have Buzz Size 2.01 (OLD!) but it has ability for custom sizing
hoops plus lots of large sizes.

--
Vicki Jo

vicki chrobak

Good idea Jim. Thanks. So far it's turning into a 2 hr. job & dh's intervention. Don't ask what I did because I don't know. <VBG>!

--
Vicki Jo

nettieangood

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry Martin" <shejmartin@...> wrote:

I have a program called embird that I downloaded from the internet. In that program you can set up custom hoop sizes. I haven't tried it yet to see if it will work for the 12000 hoops.

It is a program kind of inbetween a really expensive program and the software that comes with the machine. You can do more editing than comes with machine, convert designs from other formats, buy extra text fonts,etc. It also has an upgrade that is a digitizing program but that is something I won't ever do, so the basic program works really good for me.
Hi Sherry

Embird is the best. It not only converts any format to any other format, I just finished digitizing a 12 block redwork wall hanging using Embird for the large hoop for the 12000. The program is really user friendly. I wouldn't have any other. It was a mix of pictures and fonts and sewed out beautifully on the 12000. I have the best of all worlds with Embird and the Janome 12000.
Happy Thanksgiving Nettie Winnipeg Canada

maggie cooper

I love Embird and I love my MBX software, but I would be wary of converting designs to the custom made hoop in Embird for the 12000. The Dusan's never really arrived at a stable format for the 11000,most of the time I would tell Embird owners with an 11000 to use the legacy format, the plain Jef. Also to pre-rotate designs to a portrait orientation before conversion, as sometimes pre purchased designs don't allow for the portrait orientation that the majority of Janome hoops have. Embird doesn't auto rotate custom hoops.

For non digitising machine owners Janomes Digitiser Pro Junior, version 4 which supports the 12000 hoops, has a huge work area limit for those who want to create quilting layouts or just need a bigger layout area than the 39 inch square in Embird. Has built in Alphabets , creates monograms,can auto digitise if asked to, contains all Janome hoops from the 10000 on, fabric settings should you add lettering. Most importantly it has the hidden commands that carry hoop information inside the stitch format.

maggie cooper.