converting decorative stitches to embroidery stitches

Carole O'Mara

I have Janome MCQ15000.  Is there a way to use the decorative stitches and convert them into embroidery stitches?  I recently saw a video on line by another machine brand but cannot find anything about the same procedure for the Janome.  
Thank you,
Carole

Jim Stutsman

Janome's Artistic Digitizer has decorative buttonholes, but I don't think it will convert other decorative stitches. There is no option for converting them to embroidery. I think the Digitizer MBX 5 and 5.5 products had some ordinary sewing stitches available as designs, but I could be wrong about that. You might also want to look at this.

favymtz

Actually I know exactly who you’re watching and the answer is YES,!!!but  with some limitations.

These are your options with the software that we have with our 15k machine.

Horizon Link Suite

Edit Embroidery, use the Normal & Border Sew stitches to create lines of decorative stitching

Use the “Convert STX” section and then you can use the .stx decorative stitches that came built in to the program, and any other .stx stitches you may have made yourself in the Stitch Composer.

I did her last project and was able to simulate virtually everything she did, and most of this was done in HL.

(I did do some digitizing for the larger decorative stitches in that project)

Attaching pictures of the pieces of the bag I made in her last free class

~Favymtz.

--
Favymtz

favymtz

Attaching the pictures again if that's okay, since the others were very small.
Also, pics of some of the layouts. I even specifically designed some stitches in Stitch Composer for this project, and "improved" on the built in Stipple stitch in Stitch Composer, I like it alot better now than the built in Quilting # 20!
In this first picture:
The purple coil was done in SC, and the green stipple was improved in SC. The red stitch I digitized in Hatch.
The bright green zigzags in the actual pictures I made in SC, and then was able to use it as a "Convert STX" in Embroidery Edit.
So hopefully this gives you some great encouragement that Janome can do a lot of what that "other brand" does. Not everything, but a lot!

--
Favymtz

Ann Holland

Thank you 

On Sep 6, 2022, at 3:52 PM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

Attaching the pictures again if that's okay, since the others were very small.
Also, pics of some of the layouts. I even specifically designed some stitches in Stitch Composer for this project, and "improved" on the built in Stipple stitch in Stitch Composer, I like it alot better now than the built in Quilting # 20!
In this first picture:
The purple coil was done in SC, and the green stipple was improved in SC. The red stitch I digitized in Hatch.
The bright green zigzags in the actual pictures I made in SC, and then was able to use it as a "Convert STX" in Embroidery Edit.
So hopefully this gives you some great encouragement that Janome can do a lot of what that "other brand" does. Not everything, but a lot!

Block3.PNGBack.JPGFront.JPG
--
Favymtz

Cynthia Dickerson

Love your stitch composer, green stipple!  I don't really care for Janome's stippling.  The only thing I am disappointed in on my machine.  

favymtz

Thank you, Cynthia, I like it MUCH better than the machine version too!
I've shared it in the Group Files Custom Stitches, so you can install it on your own machine.
Do you ever play with Stitch Composer? I really enjoy the results that I get with it.
--
Favymtz

Lorrie Gauthier

Hi Favymtz, thank you very much. Is it called stipple?

I'm waiting patiently for my 15000 to come back from it's spa day. It's rapidly turning into a spa month. Then I'll give the stitches a try.
Lorrie

Cynthia Dickerson

I love stitch composer!!  I would love to have your stipple stitch, but I can't find it!  Thank you though for sharing, but I need a little bit of help!  Cindy

favymtz

Sorry about that, friends, I thought it had uploaded to the Files section and it didn't. So here it is!
It's called FMtz-Stipple.stx

--
Favymtz

Lorrie Gauthier

Thank you! Can't wait to try it.

Carole O'Mara

Since I don't digitize I primarily use purchased designs.  I would like to use a built-in design in the Quilt section of the 15000--the Q14 pattern. Since it is only 9mm wide it is not wide enough to use in the sashing of the quilt I am finishing. That is why I want to bring it into embroidery mode so I can enlarge it to fit the 3" sashing.  After watching your video I think I can do that.  Thank you for your willingness help and for providing an excellent tutorial.  It is much appreciated. 
Carole

favymtz

Sorry Carole, You can’t enlarge the design that much! It’s still just an stx file and has limitations.
If you really need a huge 3” wide stipple you could make one in AcuFil. However the narrowest you can do in that program is 3.94 inches wide.
I can digitize something for you if you'd like. Let me know, and at no charge.
Favymtz 

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 3:13 PM Carole O'Mara <caroleinco@...> wrote:
Since I don't digitize I primarily use purchased designs.  I would like to use a built-in design in the Quilt section of the 15000--the Q14 pattern. Since it is only 9mm wide it is not wide enough to use in the sashing of the quilt I am finishing. That is why I want to bring it into embroidery mode so I can enlarge it to fit the 3" sashing.  After watching your video I think I can do that.  Thank you for your willingness help and for providing an excellent tutorial.  It is much appreciated. 
Carole

--
Favymtz

mettie@...

Thank you so much for the “Stipple” and also for all the information and precious time you spend sharing with the group.

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of favymtz
Sent: Wednesday, 14 September 2022 11:43 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] converting decorative stitches to embroidery stitches

Sorry about that, friends, I thought it had uploaded to the Files section and it didn't. So here it is!
It's called FMtz-Stipple.stx

--
Favymtz

Maria Boone

Carole, you are referring to a video. Can you please tell me where the video is located? I've been following this topic with interest, and would love to learn more.

Jean Olson

I am a lurker on this list - had a 15000 but just couldn't handle it so backed down to an 11000 and it suits my needs now. Anyway it just cheers me to see how helpful people are on this list and the offer from Favymtz just put a smile on my face. This list is just such a wonderful place to get away from the world for a few moments and want you to know how much I enjoy it, though my actual sewing and embroidery has been sadly mostly missing in my life for some time.

favymtz

You’re welcome, happy to share!

But I do need to clarify that an .stx file is just a decorative stitch. It’s not an embroidery design until it gets converted into an embroidery design using “Convert .stx” in Horizon Link Embroidery Edit, OR if used in the AcuStitch program.

Because of the limitations of those software programs, the converted stitch cannot be resized greatly.

When converting it we can make it 20% larger, and then when it’s actually on the screen we can increase it another 20%.

Therefore, a 9mm stitch can only be maximized up to 13mm or slightly more than 1/2”.

Favymtz

Sent from Mail for Windows

--
Favymtz

Carole O'Mara

Dear Favy. Thank you for your offer.   You are so kind.   I realize now that there are size limitations to AcuFil.  There are many designs on line and I know I can find one.  I sometimes use edge 2 edge quilting and thought I could do that in the main quilting area and a separate single run border.  We in this group are fortunate to have you and many others who give of their time and talent to encourage those of us.  
Many thanks,
Carole

Roberta K

Favy: 

I don’t have a 15000 or Stitch Composer. Is there any way that I can convert your  *.stx file to JEF?

favymtz

Explain to me how you would visualize using it and maybe I can do it for you. What software do you plan to use it in?
Favymtz 

--
Favymtz