converting decorative stitches to embroidery stitches

Carole O'Mara

I have Janome MCQ15000.  Is there a way to use the decorative stitches and convert them into embroidery stitches?  I recently saw a video on line by another machine brand but cannot find anything about the same procedure for the Janome.
Thank you,
Carole

Jim Stutsman

Janome's Artistic Digitizer has decorative buttonholes, but I don't think it will convert other decorative stitches. There is no option for converting them to embroidery. I think the Digitizer MBX 5 and 5.5 products had some ordinary sewing stitches available as designs, but I could be wrong about that. You might also want to look at this.

favymtz

Actually I know exactly who you’re watching and the answer is YES,!!!but  with some limitations.

These are your options with the software that we have with our 15k machine.

Horizon Link Suite

Edit Embroidery, use the Normal & Border Sew stitches to create lines of decorative stitching

Use the “Convert STX” section and then you can use the .stx decorative stitches that came built in to the program, and any other .stx stitches you may have made yourself in the Stitch Composer.

I did her last project and was able to simulate virtually everything she did, and most of this was done in HL.

(I did do some digitizing for the larger decorative stitches in that project)

Attaching pictures of the pieces of the bag I made in her last free class

.

~Favymtz.

--
Favymtz

favymtz

Attaching the pictures again if that's okay, since the others were very small.
Also, pics of some of the layouts. I even specifically designed some stitches in Stitch Composer for this project, and "improved" on the built in Stipple stitch in Stitch Composer, I like it alot better now than the built in Quilting # 20!
In this first picture:
The purple coil was done in SC, and the green stipple was improved in SC. The red stitch I digitized in Hatch.
The bright green zigzags in the actual pictures I made in SC, and then was able to use it as a "Convert STX" in Embroidery Edit.
So hopefully this gives you some great encouragement that Janome can do a lot of what that "other brand" does. Not everything, but a lot!

--
Favymtz

Ann Holland

Thank you

On Sep 6, 2022, at 3:52 PM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

Attaching the pictures again if that's okay, since the others were very small.
Also, pics of some of the layouts. I even specifically designed some stitches in Stitch Composer for this project, and "improved" on the built in Stipple stitch in Stitch Composer, I like it alot better now than the built in Quilting # 20!
In this first picture:
The purple coil was done in SC, and the green stipple was improved in SC. The red stitch I digitized in Hatch.
The bright green zigzags in the actual pictures I made in SC, and then was able to use it as a "Convert STX" in Embroidery Edit.
So hopefully this gives you some great encouragement that Janome can do a lot of what that "other brand" does. Not everything, but a lot!

Block3.PNGBack.JPGFront.JPG
--
Favymtz

Cynthia Dickerson

Love your stitch composer, green stipple!  I don't really care for Janome's stippling.  The only thing I am disappointed in on my machine.

favymtz

Thank you, Cynthia, I like it MUCH better than the machine version too!
I've shared it in the Group Files Custom Stitches, so you can install it on your own machine.
Do you ever play with Stitch Composer? I really enjoy the results that I get with it.
--
Favymtz

Lorrie Gauthier

Hi Favymtz, thank you very much. Is it called stipple?

I'm waiting patiently for my 15000 to come back from it's spa day. It's rapidly turning into a spa month. Then I'll give the stitches a try.
Lorrie

Cynthia Dickerson

I love stitch composer!!  I would love to have your stipple stitch, but I can't find it!  Thank you though for sharing, but I need a little bit of help!  Cindy

favymtz

Sorry about that, friends, I thought it had uploaded to the Files section and it didn't. So here it is!
It's called FMtz-Stipple.stx

--
Favymtz

Lorrie Gauthier

Thank you! Can't wait to try it.

Carole O'Mara

Since I don't digitize I primarily use purchased designs.  I would like to use a built-in design in the Quilt section of the 15000--the Q14 pattern. Since it is only 9mm wide it is not wide enough to use in the sashing of the quilt I am finishing. That is why I want to bring it into embroidery mode so I can enlarge it to fit the 3" sashing.  After watching your video I think I can do that.  Thank you for your willingness help and for providing an excellent tutorial.  It is much appreciated.
Carole

favymtz

Sorry Carole, You can’t enlarge the design that much! It’s still just an stx file and has limitations.
If you really need a huge 3” wide stipple you could make one in AcuFil. However the narrowest you can do in that program is 3.94 inches wide.
I can digitize something for you if you'd like. Let me know, and at no charge.
Favymtz

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 3:13 PM Carole O'Mara <caroleinco@...> wrote:
Since I don't digitize I primarily use purchased designs.  I would like to use a built-in design in the Quilt section of the 15000--the Q14 pattern. Since it is only 9mm wide it is not wide enough to use in the sashing of the quilt I am finishing. That is why I want to bring it into embroidery mode so I can enlarge it to fit the 3" sashing.  After watching your video I think I can do that.  Thank you for your willingness help and for providing an excellent tutorial.  It is much appreciated.
Carole

--
Favymtz

mettie@...

Thank you so much for the “Stipple” and also for all the information and precious time you spend sharing with the group.