Conversion software

Toni Valenstein

I have at least 1K emb. designs, but they need to be converted, or even just viewed in order to add them to Acu Design.  Is there any type of software that will batch convert my emb. designs?  Or be able to view them (in thumbnails)?  I had Convert-it, but it no longer works on Big Sur (Mac) and I’ve written to Embrilliance - there is no upgrade.  They just want me to spend $139 for a new d/l!

Toni Valenstein

Mary Jo Hirsch

Embird will do this

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 11:09 AM Toni Valenstein <tenquilt@...> wrote:
I have at least 1K emb. designs, but they need to be converted, or even just viewed in order to add them to Acu Design.  Is there any type of software that will batch convert my emb. designs?  Or be able to view them (in thumbnails)?  I had Convert-it, but it no longer works on Big Sur (Mac) and I’ve written to Embrilliance - there is no upgrade.  They just want me to spend $139 for a new d/l!

Toni Valenstein

--
null

Mattes

Hi Tony,

you might want to look at StitchBuddy <http://www.stitchbuddy.de>: It's an editor for embroidery designs, shows designs as Finder icons, and included an Automator action to batch-convert designs: There is a video tutorial for Automator workflows at its website, and the app can be tested for free ... of course with Big Sur.

Greetings, Mattes (creator of StitchBuddy)

Cheryl Alm

Check out Truesizer from Wilcom.  It is free and you can use it to convert files.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Toni Valenstein <tenquilt@...>
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 9:36:19 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Conversion software

I have at least 1K emb. designs, but they need to be converted, or even just viewed in order to add them to Acu Design.  Is there any type of software that will batch convert my emb. designs?  Or be able to view them (in thumbnails)?  I had Convert-it, but it no longer works on Big Sur (Mac) and I’ve written to Embrilliance - there is no upgrade.  They just want me to spend $139 for a new d/l!

Toni Valenstein

Toni Valenstein

But from what I can tell, only one at a time and doesn't seem to offer a thumbnail view of everything on my thumb drive?

Toni Valenstein

I have stitchbuddy.  Will have to check out the tutorial.

Toni Valenstein

Looks like it does one at a time.  I would like to batch convert.

Mattes

Toni, unfortunately I cannot see to which post you're replying to, but in case "one at a time" is referring to StitchBuddy:

The app itself converts only single designs by saving in a different file format. But StitchBuddy is complemented by a couple of plugins enhancing macOS, like the Quick Look preview or Automator actions. With the latter you an easily create a batch converter, which allows to select and convert multiple files without any manual step required.

Here is a video tutorial how to create such a converter: <https://stitchbuddy.de/mac/support/videos/video08.html>

Mattes

Mattes
I have StitchBuddy version 2.18. How I can upgrade to have this converter? How much do I have to pay for this upgrade?

Enviado desde Yahoo Mail para iPad

El miércoles, enero 20, 2021, 2:18 p.m., Mattes <info@...> escribió:

Toni, unfortunately I cannot see to which post you're replying to, but in case "one at a time" is referring to StitchBuddy:

The app itself converts only single designs by saving in a different file format. But StitchBuddy is complemented by a couple of plugins enhancing macOS, like the Quick Look preview or Automator actions. With the latter you an easily create a batch converter, which allows to select and convert multiple files without any manual step required.

Here is a video tutorial how to create such a converter: <https://stitchbuddy.de/mac/support/videos/video08.html>

Mattes

Jim Stutsman

You don't need to pay anything, because it's not an upgrade. Automator is a built-in program in macOS. Watch the video that Mattes provided to see how it is used.

Toni Valenstein

Outcome....
In the past I used Convert-It, but it won't run on the newest Mac OS.  To make a long story short, my Mac desktop in and older Mac and could not be updated  beyond Catalina.  (Lucky me!)  Convert-It opened but it asked me for my Key Code.  I have no idea where I would have saved that, so I wrote to Embird.  They found my original registration and gave me the code!  I'm back in business!!!!  Thanks for all your suggestions.