Topics

Check Correct Presser Foot Warning on MC12000

Lynne Dean

Hi

Does anyone know why I am getting a check correct presser foot warning.  I have 2 MC12000 machines and it has started happening on both.  One machine is 3 years old and recently serviced.  The other is a bit older.  All is clean under the plate, quality needles changed regularly and foot and presser foot are correct.

i was sewing binding round the edge of a quilt yesterday and the warning was about every 10 stitches!  Gave up, hope it’s in a better mood today.

Thanks for any info and advice.

Lynne

Jim Stutsman

There is a sensor the checks the height of the presser foot. If you have a foot like the embroidery foot, that does not actually touch the plate, and you're trying to sew normally the sensor will trip. In your case I'm thinking that you have some thick areas that push the foot up high enough to trip the sensor, even though there is full contact with the fabric. Check the amount of pressure you have on the foot. (Page 91 in the instruction book.) Increasing the pressure a bit may counter the loft of the quilt, so the foot doesn't push up as much. If you get this message with plain sewing, ie two pieces of fabric, it may be that the sensor is misadjusted. However it's unlikely it would be out of adjustment on two machines at the same time.

Kathy Strabel

Lynne--I do not have this particular machine, but the Check Correct Foot warning you are getting usually corresponds to whether you have the correct throat plate (the straight stitch, or the zig zag plate) in place for the type of stitch you have selected. But you say both the needle and plate are correct. You may simply have a "glitch" that needs to be "un-glitched" by the dealer who recently serviced your machine. If it were me, unless someone else can give you better advice, I would take it back to the dealer and have them fix it while you wait.  Good luck!   Kathy Strabel   Camas WA

--
Have a good one!
Kathy Strabel

Lynne Dean

Thank you Jim that worked perfectly. I was so relieved to be rid of that annoying beep!  Adjusting the foot pressure +2 did the trick.
thanks again for your help.
Lynne