Changing the 15000 needle threader

Lorrie Gauthier

Hi Jim, I have a new needle threader piece that I believe was not installed when my machine was upgraded to quiltmaker. Or if it was, it doesn't work. It does move etc but won't go through the eye. Can I repair this myself and or change the part? My dealer is about 6 hours away.

Thanks Jim.

Jim Stutsman

If the piece you have was part of the upgrade dealer kit, you probably don't want to do anything with it. Instead you are better off fixing what's installed. It's a very fiddly process, but it's not difficult. Put a new size 11 needle in the machine. Lock and activate the threader. It will come down and miss the eye. Turn the machine off. Now you'll want a strong light and magnification. The hook will be either to the left or right of the eye, and it may be bent. If the hook is broken off (appears missing) you're done until you can get the part. If the hook is bent, you can GENTLY push the threader back just enough so the hook clears the eye. Then GENTLY push the needle so the hook goes through the eye. It's very important that the needle not get bent. Once the hook is through you can use the smallest screwdriver you can find to push against the edge of the hook until it is straight. Turn the machine back on and test. Repeat as needed. I'm emailing further instructions in can this does not solve the problem.

Lorrie Gauthier

Thanks so much Jim. And thanks for the pdf. I am going to attempt this tomorrow. The hook is still there so I will try adjusting it first. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Fiona Williams

That is odd since my upgrade my needle threader has been hit and miss but is becoming more miss lately. I will try your suggestion.
Thanks Jim.
Fiona

On Apr 25, 2022, at 5:45 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

[...]

Was the PDF posted or emailed privately?

Fiona

On Apr 25, 2022, at 6:30 PM, Lorrie Gauthier <lorrie@...> wrote:

Thanks so much Jim. And thanks for the pdf. I am going to attempt this tomorrow. The hook is still there so I will try adjusting it first. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Lorrie Gauthier

I'm not sure Fiona.

Lorrie Gauthier

Hi Jim. I just wanted to update you. I tried your first suggestion and I can’t bend it or move it enough for it to work that way I believe it’s the same part that I have but I’m not 100% sure. So I started the other instructions in test mode and I am now awaiting a 2 mm hex screwdriver. I seem to have tons of everything else but not that one. I’ll let you know when it arrives and if it’s solved my problem. Thank you so much Jim.