Can't get machine to recognize design

Alison Wheelock

Jim,

I have the 12000, but only Digitizer Pro Software. No MBX yet. I bought a Husqvarna design that is huge--two parts, each part 345 mm height by 339 mm width. I thought it would fit in the SQ23 or GR hoop, but it doesn't. So I opened each half of the design in Digitizer Pro and resized it down to 80%. It will save in DigiPro as a JAN, but not JEF, as it says I don't have a hoop that would support that. So I created the GR hoop in DigiPro, but now the program says my machine won't support that hoop (I had a 10K). So I told DigiPro that I have an 11000, and it still won't save the design in JEF.

So, I exported the JAN file to my thumb drive, but the 12000 won't open it.

I also tried to open the original JEF files and resize them on the machine, but because they are too big for the GR hoop, my machine isn't seeing them.

Do you see any way around this, so I can sew out my two designs, or do I have to wait until I buy MBX? I would also be thrilled if I could combine the two halfs of the design (it's heart design) so I don't have to try to match them up, but I have no idea how to do that. I'm not sure I know how to match them up without a clothsetter, either! Any help you can give me is so, so appreciated.

Thanks much,
Alison

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Wow! What the heck are you putting those on, a shower curtain? These designs are too large even for the GR hoop. At 80% the 339 width comes out to 271, which is still bigger than the 230mm width of GR. The best approach would seem to be to use Combine mode in Digitizer 3.0. Tell Digitizer that you have an 11000 and set it for hoop SQ. Then place the hoops on the design parts to get it in SQ-sized pieces. Save those to USB and print the template. On the 12000 each design will open for hoop SQ23. As you are hooping the fabric, use the printed template to make sure the crosshair lines up with the crosshair on the plastic hoop template. It doesn't matter if you are off a little, as long as the lines are straight. Before you start stitching each piece use the JOG keys to move the hoop so the needle is directly over the center of the printed template crosshair.

Given the sizes involved, I'm guessing this is a project measured in days, not hours. Be sure to upload a picture when you finish!