Topics

Call for beta testers

Jim Stutsman

We have just completed the beta version of our 5th app and we are looking for people willing to test it. Here are the requirements to be a tester:

  • You must have an iPhone or iPad using iOS 12. To see what version you have tap Settings -> General -> About. Then look at Software Version near the top of the screen.
  • You must install the TestFlight app on your iPhone or iPad. It’s free. Instructions for using it will arrive by email from Apple if you are accepted as a tester. If you don’t receive the email it likely will have been deleted by your spam filter. Check your junk mail. Mail will come from apple.com.
  • All feedback on the app, good or bad, must go through the TestFlight app or direct email to me, NOT TO THIS LIST.
  • This app will work with any make or model of sewing machine, not just Janome. If you sew, you can use it.
  • As with all beta software, there will be problems. When reporting them it is critically important that you provide enough information for us to recreate the problem.
  • This version comes with no documentation or instructions. That’s part of the test - to see what it needs. If you are unwilling to experiment, it’s not for you at this stage. Once we release it will come with lots of assistance, but right now there is none.
  • Pricing is undecided at the moment. If you test, please tell us what you think it’s worth.
  • If you only have Android devices there is no need to ask if you can test on those. There won’t be an Android version.
  • We’ve used our entire budget just writing these requirements, so testers will not be paid. The best we can do is to provide a free version of the app. In our opinion that’s priceless, but your opinions may vary.

So that’s the requirements. If you would like to test please send an email to onlinesewing@.... Use “Test” as the email subject. Make sure the “reply” address in your email is correct. If you want to use a different email address for testing be sure to include that. If Apple’s email bounces or goes into your junk mail we will not know and you will not be in the test group. Lest you be tempted to sign up as a tester just to get a free copy, please note that we have only a small number of test positions available, first come, first served. Testers who do not provide any feedback won’t get a freebie. That may be harsh, but we’ve put a year of work put into this app and we want serious evaluation, be it good or bad.

Thanks in advance for reading this, and perhaps responding!

Teresa Murphy

What does the app do?

Terry Murphy

On Sunday, July 21, 2019, 10:50 AM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

[...]

Brenda Price

I will

On Jul 21, 2019, at 9:50 AM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

We have just completed the beta version of our 5th app and we are looking f=
or people willing to test it. Here are the requirements to be a tester:

* You must have an iPhone or iPad using iOS 12. To see what version you ha=
ve tap *Settings -> General -> About*. Then look at *Software Version* ne

Jim Stutsman

We have enough testers. Thanks to all who submitted! Those of you who were selected will be notified in an email, but it may be as long as a week before you get it. I'm cleaning up a few bugs, and once I set up the test group Apple will have to review the app before they will let it out to testers.