Topics

Calibration issue

Mary E

I was doing quilting in Accuquilt and a small pair of scissors fell to the back of the machine between the arm and where you depress the switch to open the arm. I got to it fairly quickly but I am wondering if the calibration got knocked out, because now it seems to center up about 2" to the right and 2 " lower than before. I am working on a client job and can compensate but have to be careful that the needle holder doesn't hit the magnets while stitching. 
my question is, is this a fairly easy fix or am I looking at a whole new arm? I have a lot of jobs in the queue and i need my embroidery machine!
thanks
Mary Eckstein

Jim Stutsman

If you turn the machine off, wait a minute, then back on, it will re-center as part of the self-test. If that doesn't work there is a calibration option in Settings. However being off 2" in either direction is huge, well beyond anything you can calibrate. That would require service.

Mary E

Actually what I did was go into sewing mode, so the arm went to home. I was able to release it and noticed that it was about 2” over from the home position. I then removed the unit from the machine and gently (emphasizing gently here) pushed it back to the regular home position (while the arm was closed). I then put it back on the machine and ran through several open and close routines. It seemed to go back to home position fine, so then I did a quilt embroidery and it worked perfectly. Phew! 
Mary

On Wednesday, July 29, 2020, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
If you turn the machine off, wait a minute, then back on, it will re-center as part of the self-test. If that doesn't work there is a calibration option in Settings. However being off 2" in either direction is huge, well beyond anything you can calibrate. That would require service.