Buttonhole foot not working

Fiona Williams

Hi all I am desperate. I have 9 projects for Christmas that all need buttonholes and I can't get my 15000 to do them. It kept giving me the error message "pull down buttonhole lever" but the button hole lever was already down. I turned it off and left it overnight and when I turned it back on it sewed two buttonholes and then the error message began to appear again and it stopped working. I have tried everything. If anyone has a fix for this I would so appreciate your help. I don't have enough time to get it serviced and finish my Christmas gifts and closest dealer to me, an hour, does not service the 15000 so it is a good 3 to 4 hours for me.

Thanks
Fiona

Pixey

Fiona,
 You might see if you can get the B2 Automatic Square Button Hole (page 48 of the 15000 v2 manual).  It does not require pulling down the buttonhole lever.

Pixey

On Dec 15, 2021, at 2:15 PM, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

Hi all I am desperate. I have 9 projects for Christmas that all need buttonholes and I can't get my 15000 to do them. It kept giving me the error message "pull down buttonhole lever" but the button hole lever was already down. I turned it off and left it overnight and when I turned it back on it sewed two buttonholes and then the error message began to appear again and it stopped working. I have tried everything. If anyone has a fix for this I would so appreciate your help. I don't have enough time to get it serviced and finish my Christmas gifts and closest dealer to me, an hour, does not service the 15000 so it is a good 3 to 4 hours for me.

Thanks
Fiona

Kathy Skagen

Maybe you can embroider the buttonholes. I've seen free buttonhole designs online.
Kathy   3-4 hours to your dealer is a nightmare!

On Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 02:15:47 PM CST, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

Hi all I am desperate. I have 9 projects for Christmas that all need buttonholes and I can't get my 15000 to do them. It kept giving me the error message "pull down buttonhole lever" but the button hole lever was already down. I turned it off and left it overnight and when I turned it back on it sewed two buttonholes and then the error message began to appear again and it stopped working. I have tried everything. If anyone has a fix for this I would so appreciate your help. I don't have enough time to get it serviced and finish my Christmas gifts and closest dealer to me, an hour, does not service the 15000 so it is a good 3 to 4 hours for me.

Thanks
Fiona

Fiona Williams

Yes it is and i do not understand why the dealer close to me services everything except the 15000. Thank you for the suggestion i will look into that but i would still like mine to work.

On Dec 15, 2021, at 4:11 PM, Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you Pixey I will check that out.

Fiona

On Dec 15, 2021, at 3:28 PM, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...> wrote:

[...]

The 15000 may require training that your dealer's technician has not had. Hopefully the dealer will send him.
And, I don't blame you at all--especially with the investment we have in our machines--we want everything to work correctly. I hope you find a work around until you can get your machine in to be checked out.
Kathy

On Wednesday, December 15, 2021, 04:15:44 PM CST, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

[...]

Cheryl Paul

Hi Fiona,

Do you have a back up Janome - a smaller machine? If it is zig zag and I’m sure that it probably would be, you have buttonhole options on it as well as your 15000. I have a 4120 QDC and it sews beautiful buttonholes, just as well as my 15000 and in the same fashion. I did have to purchase the stabilization plate for one of my Janome’s of many years ago, but I think that the 4120 came with it as one of the extra accessories that are included in the box. I know that it might be a pain, especially if you need to set up another machine, but it might save you time in the long run. These problems don’t ever occur when we have TIME, but almost always in a tight time situation.

You might also try putting the buttonhole lever up and trying a bit of other sewing and give the buttonholes a try a bit later on. Don’t save them all for the end. Giving the machine a rest from “buttonhole thinking” might just work - I’m guessing here and hoping to calm you down - I’ve been in your frustration many times in the many, many years I’ve been sewing. It seems that the more sophisticated the machines get, the more that can go wrong. I do love my “bells and whistles” but do sometimes pay the price for having them in frustration.

Good luck with your project. Don’t be to hard on your dealer(s). They like us have been challenged especially in this last couple of years with COVID-19 and all.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Fiona Williams

Hi Cheryl,

Gave away my old Janome and my old Kenmore and sort of regret that now. I have my mothers old Bernina which works great but no automatic buttonholes and they aren’t coming out as nice as I would like. The good news is that I finally got it to work and all the buttonholes are done. It was after I removed the stabilizer plate that it finally worked.
Thank you for your suggestions.

Fiona

On Dec 16, 2021, at 12:54 PM, Cheryl Paul <capaul@sasktel.net> wrote:

[...]

Apparently he opted out of training on that one because he doesn’t carry them.
Fiona