Topics

brand new 9450 with error message

erna_wooloowin

Dear Jim, I just unboxed a brand new Janome 9450 and unfortunately the message please raise needle bar slowly came up. Sounds simple but the needle bar knob only moves a tiny, tiny bit and than is solid as anything. No matter what I try the message keeps coming up and the knob is solid. There also seems to be a 2 second delay when I switch the machine on and off. My 12000 at least switches the lights on instantly and than goes through it's motions. I have switched on on/off numerous times, tried needle plate changes, took bobbin case out, opened the left hand side to see if I could see anything obvious but all to no evail. Apart from taking it back to the dealer, do you have any suggestions? Thanks heaps Bernadette

Jim Stutsman

If the hand wheel won't turn something is preventing movement. It could be a screw that wasn't tightened, and vibration from shipping made it fall out. That happened on Diane's 12000, which refused to open the carriage after unboxing. Your only viable option is to return to the dealer. Good luck!

erna_wooloowin

Thanks Jim, will do that today.