Bobbin Winder Spindle

Carole Hollmann

Ugh!  I did it--I wound some thread underneath the bobbin winder.  I know this has been asked before, but I can't find it in the group's archive and I can't find it in my book.  Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

Carole Hollmann

Jim Stutsman

Which machine do you have? If it's the 15000 you can pull up on the disk that the bobbin sits on to remove it so you can unwind the thread. When you put the disk back on note that there is a notch on the base of the spindle that needs to line up with the bottom of the disk. Otherwise it won't wind right. If you don't have the 15000 you may have to wait for service, as other models don't have this feature.

Vikki Youngmeyer

You can pull the bobbin winder ”flat bed” up  over the spindle – it takes a bit of force, but once done, you will know how to do it the next time. Then just remove the threads by either cutting or unwinding.  If you don’t want to pull it up, you can unwind it, but it will take a while.  This works on the 12000 and 15000 and other machines with the same configuration!

Vikki

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Carole Hollmann via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2020 4:39 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Bobbin Winder Spindle

Ugh!  I did it--I wound some thread underneath the bobbin winder.  I know this has been asked before, but I can't find it in the group's archive and I can't find it in my book.  Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

Carole Hollmann

Carole Hollmann

Thank you, Jim and Vikki. My husband was able to pull it up, but didn’t have to take it off completely. Cleaned out the thread, clicked it back down, and now back in business. 

And, Jim, I’m so glad you have ESP so you knew what machine I was talking about!  

Thanks much. 

Carole Hollmann

On Apr 18, 2020, at 6:40 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Which machine do you have? If it's the 15000 you can pull up on the disk that the bobbin sits on to remove it so you can unwind the thread. When you put the disk back on note that there is a notch on the base of the spindle that needs to line up with the bottom of the disk. Otherwise it won't wind right. If you don't have the 15000 you may have to wait for service, as other models don't have this feature.