Topics

Bobbin winder not stopping

Judy Jackson

Has anyone else had a problem with their bobbin winder , on their 15000, not stopping when it’s full please? Mine will pop out the lever but carry on winding. I took it for its annual service, was told there was oil around the mechanism......I said I had NEVER had any oils near my machine. They cleaned it and they said it was working again. I didn’t check it when I got it home for a couple of weeks, then when I tried it the same thing happened. The engineer who worked on it said there must be oil splashing on to the mechanism. Is this a possibility Jim? If so how?? Thank you

Judy, UK

Jim Stutsman

It sounds like you need a new technician. When the bobbin winder clicks over from the bobbin being full, it's supposed to hit a switch that stops the motor. In all likelihood the switch needs adjusting. This should be a very simple job. There's not a reservoir of oil up there, and there certainly is no place in the machine where oil can "splash"! He may be assuming that oil is getting between the switch contacts, and if it is it's almost certainly because too much oil was applied during servicing.

Judy Jackson

Thank you Jim.....I did feel he was talking a load of ****!