Topics

Bobbin thread question

Maria Boyle

Hello,

I am using my embroidery for the first time. I have started a design. I prewound 5 bobbins before I started the project. My question is, while embroidering, will the machine stop if it is low on bobbin thread?

Thanks in advance

María

Sent from my iPad

Sherry Martin

Yes. And in the embroidery settings you can tell it how low you want the bobbin thread to get before it stops.

I went for a lesson on my 12000 today and did learn that unlike the 11000 you can't keep sewing after you get the low bobbin warning and you can't turn the warning off. My teacher is hoping this might be something they correct with some kind of software update later. On my 11000 when I was sewing patchwork I would just keep sewing until bobbin thread was gone; I even saved bobbins for embroidery to "use up" when doing patchwork, but I guess I can't do that anymore.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Maria Boyle <maruka1@...> wrote:

Hello,

I am using my embroidery for the first time. I have started a design. I prewound 5 bobbins before I started the project. My question is, while embroidering, will the machine stop if it is low on bobbin thread?

Thanks in advance

María

Sent from my iPad

Anna C Simon <rbs11739@...>

Can I butt in with a question,please?  I just the 11000  last week.Is there a way to turn off that low bobbin while doing normal sewing? It is driving me crazy when it keeps beeping. My Singer XL6000
would let you know it was low,but would kieep sewing till it ran out. In Embroidery it had a continous winder,

Ann Simon (in nowhere land) Bradford Pa.

--- In janome12000@..., Maria Boyle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using my embroidery for the first time. I have started a design. I prewound 5 bobbins before I started the project. My question is, while embroidering, will the machine stop if it is low on bobbin thread?
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> María
>
> Sent from my iPad

Virginia

Yes it does.  It gives you a warning and then will not let you sew again until you put a new bobbin in.  I found that out just last night.  I still had thread in the bobbin but not much.  I have my bobbin sensor set on 2.

I love this feature among others.  Before I purchased my machine I had the 11,000Se and thought how could they improve on the 11,000SE.  Well now I now.  I am finding out new things each time I use it.

Virginia

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

In embroidery mode the machine checks the bobbin supply immediately after the START button is pressed, and at various times during embroidery. Once it has been determined to be too low, it won't sew again until you change the bobbin.

In ordinary sewing mode, the bobbin is also checked from time to time when you stop sewing. When the bobbin is found to be low, a message pops up indicating that it's low. However you can continue to sew. The message will continue to pop up, but you can ignore it. You don't even have to touch the X to get rid of the message - just pressing the foot control will do that. So if you want to use up old bobbins in piecing you should have no problem doing that.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Sherry Martin" <shejmartin@...> wrote:

[...]

On the 11000 you can adjust the "alert" point of the low bobbin sensor. Touch the SET key, then the Ordinary Sewing key. It should come up to page SET1. The second setting adjusts the warning point. Use the minus key to set it as low as it will go. If it continues to come on prematurely you can have your dealer adjust the sensor. It's a very simple and quick adjustment that does not require opening the machine.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Anna C Simon" <rbs11739@...> wrote:

Can I butt in with a question,please? I just the 11000 last week.Is there
a way to turn off that low bobbin while doing normal sewing? It is driving
me crazy when it keeps beeping. My Singer XL6000
would let you know it was low,but would kieep sewing till it ran out. In
Embroidery it had a continous winder,

Ann Simon (in nowhere land) Bradford Pa.

Sherry Martin

Thanks again. It sure is interesting the different info you get from different people. Every time someone tells me you can't do something, it seems like someone else comes up with a way to do it. At first these little quirks made me slightly regret my decision about purchasing the machine, but I am finding more and more cool things everyday that this machine does and the 11000 didn't do. One of the best is the auto presser foot lifter and pivot lifter which you can adjust in height. I actually had that on a machine before my 11000 and I always missed it. I also love the dual feed feet, but I'm still getting used to putting them on the machine. Hopefully it will get easier the more I do it.

[...]

bernadinehulka

Glad you learned a lot so you can pass it on to me in the spring.  Wish I had my machine here to work with.  Hope Laura learned some things too so they keep the store going when John hangs it up.

--- In janome12000@..., "Anna C Simon" wrote:

> Can I butt in with a question,please? I just the 11000 last week.Is there
> a way to turn off that low bobbin while doing normal sewing? It is driving
> me crazy when it keeps beeping. My Singer XL6000
> would let you know it was low,but would kieep sewing till it ran out. In
> Embroidery it had a continous winder,
>

> Ann Simon (in nowhere land) Bradford Pa.

stitchnpatch

This is one of the very few things on the 12000 that irritates me and that I hope will be rectified in the future. It seems such a waste of expensive (here in the UK) Janome bobbinfil especially when I know that there is plenty of thread left on the bobbin to stitch the next section of the design. Fortunately I have a 350e and can use up the ends of the bobbins on that as I can override it's low bobbin warning.
Vicki

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

If you go to the Embroidery SET screen you can set the trigger point for low bobbin. On our machine a value of 1 leaves about a yard of thread on the bobbin at the "low bobbin" point.