Bobbin speed

mah_jongg

Checked Janome's website for info on bobbin speed (rpms). All I found was that Janome bobbins should be wound on med speed. Being that each machine is different, my question is:

On machines with numbers for bobbin speed does: 1= 1000 rpm, 2= 2000 rpms, and so on?

Can't find this info in any of my books or online search. I would like to know what speed I'm winding my bobbins at. Different threads sometimes need a different speed and knowing this would be my guage.

Thanks

Ceil J

Found this when I did a search for "bobbin speed".  Some recommend the fastest speed and I have recently see that some blame fast speed for problems.  Jim and Diane, please let us know what speed Diane uses.  I can't find that information.  Thanks.

Jim Stutsman

You can wind sewing and most embroidery threads at full speed. But monofilament and any thread that is stretchy should be wound at slow speed. Monofilament wound at high speed will actually compress the core of the bobbin to the point that it cannot be removed from the winder.

Ceil J

Thanks, Jim!  I will continue to wind at the fastest speed then.  You and Diane are the best.