Bobbin issues MC 11000

ikego58

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all not going stir crazy due to the quarantine!  So, I have a MC 11000 that is newish to me. It has been serviced not that long ago, but started acting funny today by getting stuck right at the beginning of stitching; almost like I was "tacking".  Then the thread broke so I cleaned out the entire bobbin area which was pretty clean except a little thread was caught.  I put a new bobbin in and every time I try to pull up the thread from the bobbin, it is getting caught.  I don't know where to start my troubleshooting on this!  Any ideas?  Thank you!

Kelly

Kim Normandin

I recently had this problem and it turned out to be that the thread had come out of the take up lever.   I would say rethread completely double checking that the thread is indeed in the take up lever and try again.  Good luck!

On Apr 10, 2020, at 9:56 PM, ikego58 <ikego58@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all not going stir crazy due to the quarantine!  So, I have a MC 11000 that is newish to me. It has been serviced not that long ago, but started acting funny today by getting stuck right at the beginning of stitching; almost like I was "tacking".  Then the thread broke so I cleaned out the entire bobbin area which was pretty clean except a little thread was caught.  I put a new bobbin in and every time I try to pull up the thread from the bobbin, it is getting caught.  I don't know where to start my troubleshooting on this!  Any ideas?  Thank you!

Kelly

Roberta K

Hi Kelly,

First make sure you have the case seated properly. Then if you are sure that it is in there correctly, take it out and examine it closely to see if there are any nicks or scratches on it. Thread can get caught on those. Third, make sure you are using the correct type of bobbin, preferably made by Janome.

Roberta in FL

Kaye Lessard

Check to make sure the thread is still in take up lever
Also reset bobbin case and check for any nicks on bobbin case
Kaye in la

Theresa Turnbull

Hi  I always pass the thread through the pickup lever from to right – or I find it is always jumping out and causing bobbin tangles  
Theresa from a gloriously warm southern England

ikego58

Hi Kim,  you know, I had made sure the top thread was threaded, but I didn't actually rethread it. I did that, changed the needle, cleaned the bobbin area again AND I messed with the threader.  So, not sure what did the trick, but the bobbin thread came up correctly and I do not have anymore issues with the machine "tacking" at the beginning.  It was good, because 3 of my girls were finishing Easter dresses for today and I have been letting them use my edge stitch foot for certain topstitching et.  Anyway, there is some issue with the threader not working right yet, but I am happy the machine is working!  Thanks for the suggestion!  Take care and Happy Easter!  Kelly

ikego58

Hi Theresa,  I don't think we are too far from each other; I am in Southern New England too.  I am starving waiting for my perfectionist daughter to finish making the potatoes or something!  Then, we are going to do a "social distance" Easter egg hunt at my parent's house and I am grateful it is not raining!  Happy Easter!

Anyway, I will thread the machine the way you say next time, thank you!  Kelly

Kim Normandin

Woohoo!  Happy to hear you are back in business. 

On Apr 12, 2020, at 2:32 PM, ikego58 <ikego58@...> wrote:

Hi Kim,  you know, I had made sure the top thread was threaded, but I didn't actually rethread it. I did that, changed the needle, cleaned the bobbin area again AND I messed with the threader.  So, not sure what did the trick, but the bobbin thread came up correctly and I do not have anymore issues with the machine "tacking" at the beginning.  It was good, because 3 of my girls were finishing Easter dresses for today and I have been letting them use my edge stitch foot for certain topstitching et.  Anyway, there is some issue with the threader not working right yet, but I am happy the machine is working!  Thanks for the suggestion!  Take care and Happy Easter!  Kelly

ikego58

Thanks, Kim!