Bobbin Case

vicki chrobak

Jim, I have an extra bobbin case I bought for my 6300P for FM/bobbin work, etc. I was curious last night & checked to see if it fit my 12000. It did. And in all appearance it seems identical. Do you think it would cause any problems for me to try using it for FM on the 12000?

--
Vicki Jo

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

The part numbers for the bobbin cases of the 6300 & 12000 are not identical, but they are close enough to tell me they are both based on the 6500. That means you could use the case in your 12000 without problems. However if you bought it for free motion, using the same principle as the "blue dot" reduced tension case, you don't have to use it on the 12000. We've found that using the free quilting application (T-shirt key) sets the machine tension for perfect stitches. If you find that using that bobbin case helps, by all means go for it!

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, vicki chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

Jim, I have an extra bobbin case I bought for my 6300P for FM/bobbin
work, etc. I was curious last night & checked to see if it fit my
12000. It did. And in all appearance it seems identical. Do you think
it would cause any problems for me to try using it for FM on the 12000?

--
Vicki Jo

vicki chrobak

Marvelous! What I want is a bobbin case where I can adjust tension to achieve the effect I want--as in really loosen to bring loops to the top or to put larger threads in for bobbin work,etc. IOW, I can play with it:-) .

--
Vicki Jo