Best software for beginner. Not planning on digitalizing

Mary Jo Hirsch

I have embird, I find it challenging to use and has no written manual.  I can by a manual that is from 2006 (don’t think so ).  So I’m look for a software that I can use for my 15000 with a written manual as that is my learning style.
any suggestions would be appreciated, especially from Jim and Diane.  Thank you

mah_jongg

You can join Embird 101 (beginners) or Absolutely Embird on this group io. Moderators name is Peggy. It is the best place to learn about Embird. Any questions, problems, difficulties in using the program will get answered there. This former yahoo group has saved me a lot headaches and educated me over the years.

Good Luck

Jim Stutsman

Diane & I have never used Embird, so we can’t be much help with that. I assume that you’re looking for software to convert formats. There are many available.

Lyn Quine

You don’t say what you want to do with the software, do you want to digitise, or just view a downloaded design?  Few software packages come with a written manual, most have online manuals, easy to search with the keywords, but knowing which keyword is the thing.  If you have a help menu in Embird, you could search it, then print the section you’re using, file it and gradually build your manual, if you tried to print the whole thing, time and paper would be the issue, but you could gradually build it as you became more familiar.  Personally, I search the online help, and watch YouTube videos, there’s plenty, and I find the combination works for me.  I don’t print it off, I don’t have enough space to store it, I’d rather use that space for thread and fabric, but I can copy and paste and save it on my computer or iPad.

if you just want to view a design Wilcom Trusizer is a good one, it can open most formats, resize, change format, and you can either download a copy or use their online one.

a lot depends on what you want to do with the software as to which to use, but as I said few will come with a hard copy of a manual, at best it will be ‘get you started’ book if you get it on a CD or USB stick but a lot will be an internet download.

bhd02@...

How does a person join? I have Embird but don't use it much.  Would like to follow someone who does. Thanks. BD

Shirley Allen

I love my Buzz Tools software & have Buzz size, Buzz Edit, Buzz tools.  And yes you can get a manual & support on line.  I have never regreted my purchase from them.  Very easy information on using.  Hope that helps

Mary Mills

If you need help with Embird I am happy to help you, I have used it since 2001 and very happy with it.  Just email me privately, regards, Mary

Mary Mills

I have Embird and happy to help you, just email me privately, regards, Mary

Mary Jo Hirsch

Thank you. I will send an email later in week.

--
null

mah_jongg

Just go top of page and in the "find group or create a group" section & type in "Embird 101" (beginners) or "Absolutely Embird" (med - advanced). Either way, then just click on to join. I had Buzztools before Embird. It worked for what I needed it for. With Embird, you pick the sections you want. Basic Embird for starters then you can add on from there. You can try Embird for free for I think 30 days. If you do get Embird make sure you buy Iconizer. I bought mine from secretsof. But then, I like shopping there.

Hope this helps
Mahjongg