Bernina Software

Donna Morton

jef format has been recognized by Bernina Embroidery Software 8 since the software was updated to 8.2 in earl 2019.  For those not liking Janome Artistic Digitizer, the Bernina software is a great option as it contains all the features and more that Janome Digitizer MBX 5.5 has.  Hatch is missing Corel Draw and Corel Photopaint.  That is why it is less expensive.

Cat - N

It’s also missing a couple other things…like cut work and stump work, but not having Corel drawing tools isn’t a serious issue, and if you already have certain Corel software, check with Wilcom…when I bought it, they told me Hatch could use Corel if I already had it…which I did…but I never installed it on my new laptop with Hatch.  (Corel isn’t my favorite graphics co.)  If you need graphics tools to prep an image before digitizing, there are many others that are good…some are free or very  inexpensive…vector editing or bitmap editing.

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On Dec 13, 2021 at 3:45 PM, <Donna Morton> wrote:

jef format has been recognized by Bernina Embroidery Software 8 since the software was updated to 8.2 in earl 2019.  For those not liking Janome Artistic Digitizer, the Bernina software is a great option as it contains all the features and more that Janome Digitizer MBX 5.5 has.  Hatch is missing Corel Draw and Corel Photopaint.  That is why it is less expensive.

SewingRose

I've been using Bernina for the last couple of years too.

Donna, was thinking of you recently when I was looking back through a Janome Digest magazine with your quilt draped over the armchair, I remember when you made that quilt.  Like so many others, I belonged to the Yahoo Janome groups.  Nice to see you again!

Donna Morton

Oh my goodness!  That was a few years ago wasn't it!. I still follow all the conversations but only put in my two cents when I actually feel I have something new to add.