Automatic threader probLem needle goes thru the needle hole but doesn’t engage the thread #file-notice

striplett3@...

Anyone know how to fix this.

Jim Stutsman

The piece that goes through the eye has a hook on it. If it truly is going through the eye, not to either side of the needle, then the hook has likely either bent closed or broken off. This will require dealer intervention, if only because of the part involved.

Kathy Strabel

striplett3---My threader occasionally gets out of whack and looks like it is going through the needle's eye, but is not really going through. I have corrected this by getting down at eye level with the needle and using very strong magnifying lens glasses to verify if it really is going through the needle's eye. Each time, I have found that the threader hook is intact, but it swings ever so slightly to the right of the needle, missing the eye, even though it looks like it engages without the close-up, magnified view. I fix it by using a small, flat head (not a phillips) screwdriver between the hook's shaft and the metal piece that surrounds it and GENTLY pushing the hook to the left, back into position. It may take several tries to do it. You need a good strong light, a steady but gentle hand, good magnification and a good measure of patience.  THis beats taking your machine into the dealer if you can avoid it. Unfortunately, if your hook is badly bent or broken off, you would need a new part and a visit to the dealer.   Good luck if you try this!!    Kathy Strabel   Camas WA

Cynthia Dickerson

Something that I had read and worked wonders for me was to take my i-phone and take a video of the needle going up and down.  Then you can play back the video and stop it where necessary and reallly see if the needle is through the hole.  Mine was off and I had a screw that was loose that caused this.   I also copied the Janome 15000 repair manual off of the internet and there is a page that shows how to reset the needle.  Now, I am sort of mechanically inclined and not afraid to try and adjust it myself, which I did.  Mine has worked for a year now and I tightened the needle really well and it works every time.

Barbara Wolcott

Good information. I, for sure, will try this. Thanks.

Barbara Wolcott
barb2220@...

On Oct 3, 2021, at 9:11 AM, Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:

Something that I had read and worked wonders for me was to take my i-phone and take a video of the needle going up and down.  Then you can play back the video and stop it where necessary and reallly see if the needle is through the hole.  Mine was off and I had a screw that was loose that caused this.   I also copied the Janome 15000 repair manual off of the internet and there is a page that shows how to reset the needle.  Now, I am sort of mechanically inclined and not afraid to try and adjust it myself, which I did.  Mine has worked for a year now and I tightened the needle really well and it works every time.

Kathy Skagen

Cynthia,
That's a really good idea! The needle threader on the 15000 moves so fast, it's really hard to see if the thread went in the needle. And, it's good to know that the repair manual has that information. Thanks for sharing!
Kathy

On Sunday, October 3, 2021, 09:11:32 AM CDT, Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:

Something that I had read and worked wonders for me was to take my i-phone and take a video of the needle going up and down.  Then you can play back the video and stop it where necessary and reallly see if the needle is through the hole.  Mine was off and I had a screw that was loose that caused this.   I also copied the Janome 15000 repair manual off of the internet and there is a page that shows how to reset the needle.  Now, I am sort of mechanically inclined and not afraid to try and adjust it myself, which I did.  Mine has worked for a year now and I tightened the needle really well and it works every time.

Judy

Where did you get the download for the Repair Manual for the 15000?  I only have the user’s manual.
thank you for the information and the great idea regarding video.

Randi Kemper

Do you have the link to the 15000 manual?

Randi Kemper

randisbear1@...

--
Randi Kemper
Magical Machine Embroidery

Virginia

If you google the Janome (model of machine) repair manual it is a pdf to download. However once you do something to your machines and you are not a repair tech or dealer it voids your warranty. My feeling is for  expensive as our machines are it is worth whatever the fee to let the experienced and trained perso do it.  Just saying.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Do you have the link to the 15000 manual?

Randi Kemper

randisbear1@...

--
Randi Kemper
Magical Machine Embroidery

Helen Aarness

On Oct 4, 2021, at 8:08 AM, Judy via groups.io <judywentz@...> wrote:

Where did you get the download for the Repair Manual for the 15000?  I only have the user’s manual.
thank you for the information and the great idea regarding video.

Suzanne Martin

Wow!

Thank you!

Suzanne Martin, Broker, GRI