automatic bobbin winder

mah_jongg

Anybody have a freestanding bobbin winder? If so, what brand, worth the cost, & your opinion of the winder.

thanks,
mahjongg

Cat - N

Sidewinder, I think is what I got.  It's okay as a winder, don't remember what it cost but you can get them pretty much everywhere, but only used for winding long arm bobbins.  I buy Janome pre-wounds for the embroidery and only wind bobbins as needed.

- Cat

-----Original Message-----

Anybody have a freestanding bobbin winder? If so, what brand, worth the cost, & your opinion of the winder.

Anne Patrick

Yes I have a automatic free standing winder . Mine is a simplicity. I had it for 30 years and I love it .

Jim Serritella

Mah…. I have an SWF winder.  Where do you live… contact me separately for $ details.

Regards,

Jim

Jim Serritella
301-253-3971
E-Z Stitches Plus,
Laytonsville, MD 20882

email:
jim@...
visit:  
www.martialartsembroidery.com

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of Cat - N via groups.io
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2020 10:37 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] automatic bobbin winder

Sidewinder, I think is what I got.  It's okay as a winder, don't remember what it cost but you can get them pretty much everywhere, but only used for winding long arm bobbins.  I buy Janome pre-wounds for the embroidery and only wind bobbins as needed.

- Cat

-----Original Message-----

--
Jim Serritella
E-Z Stitches
jim@...

Alison Wheelock

Yes, I have the Side-winder by Singer. I love it. It runs on either batteries or with the included electrical cord. My first one lasted well over 15 years (I'm not sure exactly how long), and I just bought a replacement last month because the first one's electrical connection became wonky. I'm pretty sure you can get one at JoAnn's, but I ordered mine last month from Amazon because I needed it quickly. Although I have a 15000, I only use my Side-winder to wind bobbins. 

Sally Silvers

I have an expensive metal bobbin winder, used for longarm and it was about $100.  I also have a SideWinder, less than $30.  My go to is the SideWinder.

Pixey

I have the small sidewinder and the larger Sidewinder Plus that was branded by Simplicity and had a built in vertical thread holder for winding from cross wound thread without adding extra twist.  I really like both of them a lot.  Saves wear and tear on the machines and avoid having to unthread it to wind a bobbin.

Pixey

On Dec 28, 2020, at 9:03 PM, mah_jongg via groups.io <mah_jongg@...> wrote:

thanks,
mahjongg

favymtz

I have the Simplicity brand bobbin winder and don't recommend it. I never use it and it takes up storage space!
--
Favymtz

mah_jongg

Saw a used SWF winder on ebay. Out of my price range.

Jim Serritella

Mah,  what’s your price range?

Jim Serritella
301-253-3971
E-Z Stitches Plus,
Laytonsville, MD 20882

email:
jim@...
visit:  
www.martialartsembroidery.com

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io [mailto:onlinesewing-janome@groups.io] On Behalf Of mah_jongg via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 12:03 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] automatic bobbin winder

--
Jim Serritella
E-Z Stitches
jim@...

Cat - N

Amazon sells the SideWinder new for about $23 with free Prime shipping...not sure what shipping cost would be without Prime, but they often have additional sellers with new and used products. Just scroll down a little bit in the ad and look for the link, if there is one.  If you don’t have Prime, maybe a family member would order it on your behalf and have it shipped to you as a gift item.  Depending on where you live, there might be tax as well.  

Not sure what your price range is, but I have seen people trying to sell them for anywhere between about $10 and I think the top price was over $300...maybe $324 or so on eBay...many with what seems to be exorbitant shipping costs, too. I hardly ever look at eBay any more because of stuff like that last. Lol. You really need to know the product and value to shop eBay anymore, it seems. 

You might even catch a sale / coupon at Joann’s and get a decent price...they have had 50% and 60% off coupons that I have used at Joann’s and at Michael’s. Sure whittled down the costs of some (overly?) pricey items for me. Just make sure what is excluded from the coupon, though. 

This is ‘Year End Sales’ time at online businesses, so you might want to check out coupons/coupon codes, discounts, and sale prices there as well. 

Could be you’ll need a ‘Sherlock Holmes adventure’ to find what you want at the price you think is right. Lol

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect. 

On Dec 31, 2020 at 7:56 AM, <mah_jongg via groups.io> wrote:

_._,_._,_