Topics

At last the great HOrizon 12000

iluvsew2

On Monday, 11/28/2011 my wonderful H 12000 came home with me. It is super. I am already embroidering. Great bells ans wistles. Thank you for this great Group. I've learned a lot and will continue to read every digest.

cynthiarunswithscissors <no_reply@...>

I am sure you will enjoy the new machine. I have had "Mercury" since the end of October. I also have several other Janomes and enjoy them all. I am currently making quilted tote bags so I am exercising the accufeed feet quite a bit. She sews as if she's going through butter! I do have a question - is there a sashiko stitch on the 12000? Or do you have to use invisible thread in the top and colored thread in the bobbin to create that look?

Virginia

Good Morning:

With the 11,000SE for a Shashiko stiich directions were to use stitch #63 ( hand look quilting stitch)and use monofilament thread on the top of the machine and Janome Acrylic thread in the bobbin.

I think with our 12,000 it is the same procedure   just look for the Hand Look quilting stitch I am not sure what # it would be, but it should be in the application feature.

Virginia

Donna Morton

I’ll be waiting for the new quilting hoop before I try anything larger than the lap-size quilt I needed to finish.  The 230 X 230 hoop will work and the magnets do help but over-all they just are not sturdy enough for a larger quilt.  There is a tendency for the inner hoop to lift a bit and the magnets sometimes pop-off.  Too much like work after using the 11000 Acufil hoops!

Donna M
Canada

Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:27 AM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: At last the great HOrizon 12000

I am sure you will enjoy the new machine. I have had "Mercury" since the end of October. I also have several other Janomes and enjoy them all. I am currently making quilted tote bags so I am exercising the accufeed feet quite a bit. She sews as if she's going through butter! I do have a question - is there a sashiko stitch on the 12000? Or do you have to use invisible thread in the top and colored thread in the bobbin to create that look?

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

There's actually a Sashiko stitch in the 12000. Touch the Applications key (T-shirt), then Quilting, then Sculpture and it's the third one on that screen. You'll use the AD dual feed foot, as called for on the screen, with your regular thread in needle and bobbin. You can also achieve a hand-stitched look using one of the stitches in the Hand Look section of the Quilting application. Those use monofilament in the needle and quilting thread on the bobbin.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Fmjfrazier@... wrote:

Good Morning:

With the 11,000SE for a Shashiko stiich directions were to use stitch #63 (
hand look quilting stitch)and use monofilament thread on the top of the
machine and Janome Acrylic thread in the bobbin.

I think with our 12,000 it is the same procedure just look for the Hand
Look quilting stitch I am not sure what # it would be, but it should be in
the application feature.

Virginia

Maria Boyle

Congratulations! I got my baby on Tuesday 11/29/11. I named her Baby Jane. Anyone else name their new Horizon? It's out of the box and on my sewing table. Can't wait to play with her. I have to leave for work in 10 minutes, so I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow.

María

Sent from my iPad