Topics

Artistic digitizer free trial???

William D Lawson

Has anyone logged onto and applied for the free (until the end of May) Artistic Digitizer???  I have been watching a lot of videos on how to use it.  I also signed into the Facebook page.  I got the password so that I can play with the software for a month.  Now I have the option of purchasing the software for $900 instead of the list price of $1200.  Is that a good deal or should I get something else???  I really like all the videos and they are supposed to continue those on the Facebook page.  I had the older version of the Janome digitizer with the dongle and had nothing but trouble trying to keep the dongle active.  I guess I am just looking for confirmation that it is not a waste of money.(I sure wish there was someone close to me who knows how to digitize with this program.  I learn better when I can collaborate with someone.)
Thanks,
Gwen Lawson
Lafayette, Indiana

Kim Normandin

I’m no expert on this subject but I think this is a fantastic deal.  The on-line support that has come with this software is incredible. And if I remember correctly, any updates to the software are free. That is huge.  I purchased Bernina software many, many years ago and each update is $700 to $800.  I would like to switch to the Artistic Digitizer and would do in a snap if it was in my budget right now. 

On May 18, 2020, at 10:33 PM, William D Lawson <lawsonfox@...> wrote:

Has anyone logged onto and applied for the free (until the end of May) Artistic Digitizer???  I have been watching a lot of videos on how to use it.  I also signed into the Facebook page.  I got the password so that I can play with the software for a month.  Now I have the option of purchasing the software for $900 instead of the list price of $1200.  Is that a good deal or should I get something else???  I really like all the videos and they are supposed to continue those on the Facebook page.  I had the older version of the Janome digitizer with the dongle and had nothing but trouble trying to keep the dongle active.  I guess I am just looking for confirmation that it is not a waste of money.(I sure wish there was someone close to me who knows how to digitize with this program.  I learn better when I can collaborate with someone.)
Thanks,
Gwen Lawson
Lafayette, Indiana

Pam Davison

I'm basing it on the price of hatch software right now which is about $900 so that's comprable I have to say it's a huge improvement over the previous version of artistic Suite in my opinion

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Kim Normandin <Knormandin2@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 6:21:05 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Artistic digitizer free trial???

I’m no expert on this subject but I think this is a fantastic deal.  The on-line support that has come with this software is incredible. And if I remember correctly, any updates to the software are free. That is huge.  I purchased Bernina software many, many years ago and each update is $700 to $800.  I would like to switch to the Artistic Digitizer and would do in a snap if it was in my budget right now. 

Thanks,
Gwen Lawson
Lafayette, Indiana

William D Lawson

Thank you for your input. I think I am going to take the plunge.  🤪😁🙂

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 9:13 AM, Pam Davison <pamyjo2001@...> wrote:

I'm basing it on the price of hatch software right now which is about $900 so that's comprable I have to say it's a huge improvement over the previous version of artistic Suite in my opinion

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Kim Normandin <Knormandin2@...>

Thanks,
Gwen Lawson
Lafayette, Indiana

Mary Sanerkin

Does anyone know if the deal for the Artistic Digitizer applies to the UK

Cheers

Mary

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 19 May 2020 03:33
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Artistic digitizer free trial???

Thanks,
Gwen Lawson
Lafayette, Indiana

I have being using Janome Digitizer for years since the 10000: ProMB and MBX 5 and tried Hatch and I really prefer MBX. I am having classes vía videos with Geraldine Guillen, and Australian ex Janome Educator and I am really surprised of the things I can do with MBX. The videos are really great and she answers whatever doubt it may arise. I really do not change MBX for ante other digitizer.

El martes, mayo 19, 2020, 8:19 a.m., Pam Davison <pamyjo2001@...> escribió:

Thanks,
Gwen Lawson
Lafayette, Indiana

Suzanne Martin

Hi, How is MBX different from the Artistic Digitizer?  Or is it?

Thank you,

Suzanne Martin, GRI

Licensed Broker Associate

Charles Rutenberg Realty Orlando LLC

Suzmar45@...

407-234-6906

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of MARIE via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 11:40 AM

I have being using Janome Digitizer for years since the 10000: ProMB and MBX 5 and tried Hatch and I really prefer MBX. I am having classes vía videos with Geraldine Guillen, and Australian ex Janome Educator and I am really surprised of the things I can do with MBX. The videos are really great and she answers whatever doubt it may arise. I really do not change MBX for ante other digitizer.

Pam Davison

MDX software is different than artistic digitizer software however I don't know what the differences are

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Suzanne Martin <suzmar45@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:09:59 PM

Thank you,

Suzanne Martin, GRI

Suzmar45@...

407-234-6906

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of MARIE via groups.io

I have never used Artistic, here in the group there are many comments about the difference between Digitizer and Artistic. I really do not know, sorry

El miércoles, mayo 20, 2020, 3:23 p.m., Suzanne Martin <suzmar45@...> escribió:

Thank you,

Suzanne Martin, GRI

Suzmar45@...

407-234-6906

Lyn Quine

If the Artistic deal is with Janome.com then we can’t normally buy unless it’s on sale through Janome UK.  I tried to buy MBX V5.5 from Norway because it wasn’t available in the UK, but they wouldn’t let me.  (I was prepared to take a holiday in Norway to get it but no). I did get it eventually get it it, it became an obsession, got it the same time as the HP2 Acufeed foot arrived in the UK, and I had to ask a dealer to get it from Janome UK for me, Janome UK wasn’t able to deal with me direct through the J-Shop.

Lynne Dean

Hi,
I am in UK and registered on the free trial with Janome UK.  I’ve been sent a £100 voucher to use before 31 May.  Worksheets are being emailed to help you get used to using the programme, but I’ve found them a bit confusing.  The videos on Artistic Designer by Janome Educators are excellent and much easier to understand for me.  They are available wherever you live.  You use your voucher to buy it from the J Shop and you choose the name of your local dealer at that time and your purchase is registered with them.  Not sure yet if I’m going to buy but it’s been great having it to play with for a month and have a go at digitising which I’ve not done before.

Lynne

donna altieri

I  am selling the complete artistic suite which includes the digitizer.  I am asking $300 OBO plus shipping.

just thought I would let you know.

donna

Sewhat

Why are you selling it?  Is it the current version?

Mary Jo Hirsch

Has it been used and how difficult to use ?  Have Microsoft 10 will this work with software?  Thanks

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 3:19 PM Sewhat via groups.io <ddstrode=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Why are you selling it?  Is it the current version?

--
null