Artistic Digitizer 1.5 upgrade

mah_jongg

Anyone know anything about this. No link when it pops up on my screen. Janome's website not user friendly on finding downloads page.. Only thing I found was something about 32bit. I have 64bit. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Cheryl Watson

Go to the Janome Artistic Digitizer page on Facebook.

On Jan 4, 2021, at 7:29 PM, mah_jongg via groups.io <mah_jongg@...> wrote:

Anyone know anything about this. No link when it pops up on my screen. Janome's website not user friendly on finding downloads page.. Only thing I found was something about 32bit. I have 64bit. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Ruth Richter

Go to www.janome.com
Scroll to bottom of page. On right side there is a drop down menu called select country. Drop down this menu and scroll to top of it and select "global site". Once you get to global site, look for Artistic Digitizer v1.5 under "what's new". Click on it and it takes you to page that tells what is included in update and has a link to download. I was able to download mine from my software page, but I don't remember how I got there. Hope this helps. If you're on Facebook, the user group mentioned above is a great group and very helpful. Another helpful great Facebook group is Artistic Digitizer Help group- administered by Valora Letcher Hammond.

mah_jongg

thanks, but I don't have nor will I open a facebook account.  I would be in their group if I was. Its the only group for the Artistic software. Just wish the group would switch to mewe or io.

thanks again for the info (if I hadn't already stumble across the facebook group)

Anne Hein DE

Hi
If you go in the software to help/ check for updates and it shows no updates but there is one it is best to go to the global page and use the download there. Once you get to the global page go to downloads/software. First on the list is what the update contains and a link to all the videos on YouTube. If you scroll down the list you are looking for Artistic Digitizer  Installation for those without a dvd drive. At the bottom of that are the instructions and the links to download. There are 4 different ones- pc full and jr and MAC full and jr. Just pick the one you need. When you do the update it is best to close your software and log out of the software key. Then uninstall the software.  Then begin the process to reinstall from the download.

The manual gets updated in the process too. So if you moved it to your iPad for ease of use you would need to remove and replace it.

If you have any issues contact Janome tech support -tech_support@...

There are some really nice changes to the software too.

There are 2 fb groups for those interested: one is Janome Artistic Digitizer run by Janome and I’m the admin. I do 2 live presentations a week and all previous videos are saved to the page. This year I’m offering 2 different programs: AD Skill Builder  - a back to basics program and AD Create It- part learning/part project. To see the videos live or saved to the page you just need to join. The developer posts videos to the page and at the end of the month those are uploaded to the YouTube page and into the software. They do monitor the page abs answers questions.  I offer a quick tip weekly. We have a very active group of over 4K.
The other page is Artistic  Digitizer Help Group run by Valora Hammond. We do cross post and share info.
It’s best to join both then you won’t miss a thing.

And just a short story here. Back when we had the Wades group I attended many of their events - this was before I worked for Janome. One event in VA Jim and Diane came - I believe we were at Jim Bowers shop. They offered a class on mbx with Jim as instructor.  Not sure will remember this but he has the same humor as my dh(software engineer). During the class I would be the only one who laughed at your jokes. Maybe I was the only one who got them. Anyway you’d look up at me when I did. Probably surprised!  The year I joined Janome was the year you and Diane retired. I was so excited to be with Janome and have a possibility to work with the 2 of you but oh no!!

Retirement is fun too and you still support us. Which I so appreciate all that the 2 of you do.
Who knew from that early class I’d be the one teaching or working for Janome.  I never thought it. 😊

Anne Grieco Hein - DE

mah_jongg

Thanks to all that offered help. I'm just confused on one thing. Do I just down load the update or (like embird)  delete prior version then download update.

thanks

Anne Hein DE

You need to uninstall not delete. You can do it before you get the download.

Anne in DE

Cheryl Paul

I’ve got Artistic Digitizer on a MacBook Pro and I just did the update install from the program and it seems to have worked just fine. I went to the Janome Global Website and there is no option to download the software that I could find. Am I missing something?

I could have used my Windows Program for the program, but decided to use the MacBook instead of loading it with the rest of my Windows programs on my MacBook. I’m not sure if the program works the same in both platforms, but it would be interesting to know why the program would need to be installed or removed before the update can work.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Anne Hein DE

Cheryl
If you scroll down the page look for artistic digitizer  installation for those with out a dvd drive that’s where the update download is located for both Mac and pc.

Anne in DE