Topics

Announcing the Wiki

onlinesewing@...

I have just opened up the Wiki associated with this list. The Hawaiian term "Wiki wiki" means quick. On the Internet it's a kind of database for information that can be updated quickly. The most popular wiki, which is also the largest on the World Wide Web, is Wikipedia. We will use this Wiki for information that should be "sticky", meaning you can find it without searching through hundreds of posts. To view what's in the Wiki (currently very little) just log into the group and click "Wiki" in the sidebar on the left.

maggie cooper

I just couldn't resist the call of the Wiki Wiki bird, so I answered it with 2 notes of my own, one a digitising page and another with a link to a site that offers apps for ipad users, I think they were for something called a foot book, but I'm darned if I could find anything about removing corns. So if anyone wants to purchase one of your's and Diane's Apps, let them know details are in the Wiki.

Pru Joy

Here is a screenshot ...

Pru Joy

There is no ”Wicki” in my left hand sidebar ... ???  I am logged in.

onlinesewing@...

Try logging out: click your name in the top right corner, then "Logout". Then log in again. If that doesn't work click the "Help" link in the top right part of the page. It's working for at least one other user, so it could be some sort of bug on their end.

joan12d

Wiki shows up as the last item in the sidebar on the left. I’m logged in.
Joan in Md

Pru Joy

That did the trick, can see & click the Wiki now!  Thanx.