Topics

AirServer question

Carol Crisp

Hi,
I purchased my first Janome, a MC Quiltmaker 15000, a few months ago and am trying to learn all of the features.
I saw Jim's post about AirServer, and wanted to see how it would work with an iPad Pro using the split view feature and streaming it to a large Apple display.
I'd like to  be able to watch the 'My 15000" App while doing the exercises in one of the Janome apps, for example AcuDesign.
The 'My 15000" App works in split screen mode, but not the Janome Apps. Has anyone tried this successfully?
If not, perhaps the Janome Apps were not designed to be used in split view mode? Thanks for your help, Carol

onlinesewing@...

Apps have to be written specifically to support split screen mode. Janome’s apps most likely are not, which is why you can’t use them the same way. Janome tends to take a minimalist approach to app design, with just enough features to support their machines.

Carol Crisp

Thank you for your reply.  I have an old iPad 2, so maybe I’ll try using that for viewing one of the apps, while working on the newer iPad pro.