AcuStitch New Software


Cynthia Dickerson
 

I received my software for AcuStitch in the mail.  It was listed as Updated.  My version is a 1.10 and the upgrade on the Janome Corporate Information says that the upgrade is a 2.10.  Can I upgrade this software now?  I haven't opened the pastic on the package because I might send it back if it is not properly upgraded.  If anyone knows if I can upgrade this I would appreciate any help.  Thank you.  Cindy


Jim Stutsman
 

It is just about certain that they never packaged version 2.10, since creating packaged software is an expensive process. Typically the 1.0 version will be produced in quantity. Updates will be distributed only as downloads. So you likely have the only version available as a packaged product. Install that, then download the update, and you should be fine.


Ceil J
 

Just received mine today and the "updated" version is 1.1.  It was easy to install the update online, however.
Ceil


On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 5:54 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
It is just about certain that they never packaged version 2.10, since creating packaged software is an expensive process. Typically the 1.0 version will be produced in quantity. Updates will be distributed only as downloads. So you likely have the only version available as a packaged product. Install that, then download the update, and you should be fine.


Cynthia Dickerson
 

OK, thank you, Jim and Ceil!!  I will install and do the update!!!  


Ceil J
 

I forgot to mention that if you're using a PC, in order to install the update you may have to right click on the program, go to properties and then select the box that says "unblock". 


On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 6:25 PM Cynthia Dickerson <cynsew@...> wrote:
OK, thank you, Jim and Ceil!!  I will install and do the update!!!  


Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...>
 

Thank you, Ceil. Good to know. My CD has not arrived yet but should get here this week.
Kathy

On Monday, June 6, 2022, 06:43:09 PM CDT, Ceil J <cjancola@...> wrote:


I forgot to mention that if you're using a PC, in order to install the update you may have to right click on the program, go to properties and then select the box that says "unblock". 

On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 6:25 PM Cynthia Dickerson <cynsew@...> wrote:
OK, thank you, Jim and Ceil!!  I will install and do the update!!!  


Cynthia Dickerson
 

Did anyone upgrade the Stitch Composer also?  It does not list an upgrade for the Janome 15,000.  Its lists every machine, I think, except the 15,000.  I assumed that the software would update it, but it did not.  Do you think I should run the upgrade??  Mine is 1.1, should be 2.1.


favymtz
 

Cynthia, the update that is on the Janome Global site is not for the Stitch Composer that's part of Horizon Link Suite.
It's only for the Stitch Composer that comes with the AcuStitch program and the specific machines that are listed.
The Stitch Composer that is in Horizon Link will not accept the update because the latest version there is V 1.1, and it is only designed to work with the MC15000 series of machines as a distinct software for that machine only.
IF you have purchased AcuStitch you can use it to create designs for any machine that uses a JEF or JEF+ file, and when using the Stitch Composer that comes with AcuStitch it will design .stx files that can be used by any of the Janome machines that use them.
For that matter, the Stitch Composer in HLS will also make the same .stx files and all those same machines can use them.
If you don't have AcuStitch on your computer then you don't need the update from the Janome Global site.
Hope this helps clarify the issue for you!
favymtz

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 2:03 PM Cynthia Dickerson <cynsew@...> wrote:
Did anyone upgrade the Stitch Composer also?  It does not list an upgrade for the Janome 15,000.  Its lists every machine, I think, except the 15,000.  I assumed that the software would update it, but it did not.  Do you think I should run the upgrade??  Mine is 1.1, should be 2.1.


--
Favymtz


Ceil J
 

Favy,
I bought the Acustitch program (and thank you for that excellent video on the update).  I did not download Stitch Composer as I thought it would be the same as the one in HLS.  I guess what you're saying is that it is the same and that the Acustitch program disk does not provide a newer version of Stitch Composer and that it's not updated by the Acustitch update.  Sorry to be dense.  It's one of those days.
Ceil


On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 4:53 PM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
Cynthia, the update that is on the Janome Global site is not for the Stitch Composer that's part of Horizon Link Suite.
It's only for the Stitch Composer that comes with the AcuStitch program and the specific machines that are listed.
The Stitch Composer that is in Horizon Link will not accept the update because the latest version there is V 1.1, and it is only designed to work with the MC15000 series of machines as a distinct software for that machine only.
IF you have purchased AcuStitch you can use it to create designs for any machine that uses a JEF or JEF+ file, and when using the Stitch Composer that comes with AcuStitch it will design .stx files that can be used by any of the Janome machines that use them.
For that matter, the Stitch Composer in HLS will also make the same .stx files and all those same machines can use them.
If you don't have AcuStitch on your computer then you don't need the update from the Janome Global site.
Hope this helps clarify the issue for you!
favymtz

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 2:03 PM Cynthia Dickerson <cynsew@...> wrote:
Did anyone upgrade the Stitch Composer also?  It does not list an upgrade for the Janome 15,000.  Its lists every machine, I think, except the 15,000.  I assumed that the software would update it, but it did not.  Do you think I should run the upgrade??  Mine is 1.1, should be 2.1.


--
Favymtz


favymtz
 

No Ceil, the opposite of what you say!
Follow along:
AcuStitch includes a standalone Stitch Composer program! 
It doesn’t have to run alongside of AcuStitch. 
It’s independent of it.
It has its own shortcut on the Desktop.
When it installs you choose which machine you have, choices will be CM7, CM17 or Other.
It’s version is improved over the Horizon Link Stitch Composer.
It does use the update that you download from Janome Global at the very bottom 
of the page  (choose Software and a new page will open.)

Now very important!
Also, if you are saying that when you first installed your AcuStitch program and you said no to the installation for the stitch composer you can still get the new stitch composer just by going to the Janome global site and go ahead and download the update to both Accu Stitch and also the download for the update for Stitch Composer that is there. 
First, you begin to install the update to Accu stitch, it most likely will also install the independent Stitch Composer program. That’s what happened when I downloaded and installed the update for AcuStitch. I did not have to go back to the original CD and try to install the program again.
Second, after AcuStitch has updated you’ll notice you have Stitch Composer on the Desktop as well. Then check it’s version, if it’s not 2.1 then run the update for it.
Please let me know if you need a different explanation!

Favymtz 

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 3:40 PM Ceil J <cjancola@...> wrote:
Favy,
I bought the Acustitch program (and thank you for that excellent video on the update).  I did not download Stitch Composer as I thought it would be the same as the one in HLS.  I guess what you're saying is that it is the same and that the Acustitch program disk does not provide a newer version of Stitch Composer and that it's not updated by the Acustitch update.  Sorry to be dense.  It's one of those days.
Ceil

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 4:53 PM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
Cynthia, the update that is on the Janome Global site is not for the Stitch Composer that's part of Horizon Link Suite.
It's only for the Stitch Composer that comes with the AcuStitch program and the specific machines that are listed.
The Stitch Composer that is in Horizon Link will not accept the update because the latest version there is V 1.1, and it is only designed to work with the MC15000 series of machines as a distinct software for that machine only.
IF you have purchased AcuStitch you can use it to create designs for any machine that uses a JEF or JEF+ file, and when using the Stitch Composer that comes with AcuStitch it will design .stx files that can be used by any of the Janome machines that use them.
For that matter, the Stitch Composer in HLS will also make the same .stx files and all those same machines can use them.
If you don't have AcuStitch on your computer then you don't need the update from the Janome Global site.
Hope this helps clarify the issue for you!
favymtz

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 2:03 PM Cynthia Dickerson <cynsew@...> wrote:
Did anyone upgrade the Stitch Composer also?  It does not list an upgrade for the Janome 15,000.  Its lists every machine, I think, except the 15,000.  I assumed that the software would update it, but it did not.  Do you think I should run the upgrade??  Mine is 1.1, should be 2.1.


--
Favymtz


--
Favymtz


Ceil J
 

Thanks again, Favy!
It worked perfectly and I checked HLS to see if it updated but it did not.  I gave up on this program in the past because it seemed too complicated even though I think I made one design but will try again.  Interested to see what the new features are and if it's easier for me to use.
Thank you. Ceil


On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 6:20 PM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
No Ceil, the opposite of what you say!
Follow along:
AcuStitch includes a standalone Stitch Composer program! 
It doesn’t have to run alongside of AcuStitch. 
It’s independent of it.
It has its own shortcut on the Desktop.
When it installs you choose which machine you have, choices will be CM7, CM17 or Other.
It’s version is improved over the Horizon Link Stitch Composer.
It does use the update that you download from Janome Global at the very bottom 
of the page  (choose Software and a new page will open.)

Now very important!
Also, if you are saying that when you first installed your AcuStitch program and you said no to the installation for the stitch composer you can still get the new stitch composer just by going to the Janome global site and go ahead and download the update to both Accu Stitch and also the download for the update for Stitch Composer that is there. 
First, you begin to install the update to Accu stitch, it most likely will also install the independent Stitch Composer program. That’s what happened when I downloaded and installed the update for AcuStitch. I did not have to go back to the original CD and try to install the program again.
Second, after AcuStitch has updated you’ll notice you have Stitch Composer on the Desktop as well. Then check it’s version, if it’s not 2.1 then run the update for it.
Please let me know if you need a different explanation!

Favymtz 

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 3:40 PM Ceil J <cjancola@...> wrote:
Favy,
I bought the Acustitch program (and thank you for that excellent video on the update).  I did not download Stitch Composer as I thought it would be the same as the one in HLS.  I guess what you're saying is that it is the same and that the Acustitch program disk does not provide a newer version of Stitch Composer and that it's not updated by the Acustitch update.  Sorry to be dense.  It's one of those days.
Ceil

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 4:53 PM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
Cynthia, the update that is on the Janome Global site is not for the Stitch Composer that's part of Horizon Link Suite.
It's only for the Stitch Composer that comes with the AcuStitch program and the specific machines that are listed.
The Stitch Composer that is in Horizon Link will not accept the update because the latest version there is V 1.1, and it is only designed to work with the MC15000 series of machines as a distinct software for that machine only.
IF you have purchased AcuStitch you can use it to create designs for any machine that uses a JEF or JEF+ file, and when using the Stitch Composer that comes with AcuStitch it will design .stx files that can be used by any of the Janome machines that use them.
For that matter, the Stitch Composer in HLS will also make the same .stx files and all those same machines can use them.
If you don't have AcuStitch on your computer then you don't need the update from the Janome Global site.
Hope this helps clarify the issue for you!
favymtz

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 2:03 PM Cynthia Dickerson <cynsew@...> wrote:
Did anyone upgrade the Stitch Composer also?  It does not list an upgrade for the Janome 15,000.  Its lists every machine, I think, except the 15,000.  I assumed that the software would update it, but it did not.  Do you think I should run the upgrade??  Mine is 1.1, should be 2.1.


--
Favymtz


--
Favymtz


Cynthia Dickerson
 

Thank you Favymtz!  Just so others know, I did download stitch composer off of the software and I downloaded Acustitch off of the software.  Both of these loaded up with the version 1.1 with new icons on my desktop and are not connected in anyway to Horizon Link.  I then had to go to the    https://www7.janome.co.jp/global/   website and download both upgrades to get my softwares up to date.  I did download the stitch composer upgrade even though Janome 15,000 was not listed and everything upgraded fine.  I am all set now, and hopefully this will also help the next person with this problem.  


favymtz
 

Correct, AcuStitch and it’s accompanied Stitch Composer with the update to 2.1 are not at all connected to Horizon Link Suite!
Whew!
Favymtz 

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 5:08 PM Cynthia Dickerson <cynsew@...> wrote:
Thank you Favymtz!  Just so others know, I did download stitch composer off of the software and I downloaded Acustitch off of the software.  Both of these loaded up with the version 1.1 with new icons on my desktop and are not connected in anyway to Horizon Link.  I then had to go to the    https://www7.janome.co.jp/global/   website and download both upgrades to get my softwares up to date.  I did download the stitch composer upgrade even though Janome 15,000 was not listed and everything upgraded fine.  I am all set now, and hopefully this will also help the next person with this problem.  


--
Favymtz


favymtz
 

Ceil, which program did you give up on? Stitch Composer or AcuStitch?
Favymtz 

--
Favymtz


Ceil J
 

Stitch Composer.  Acustitch, thanks to your excellent video, was a breeze.  


On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 7:56 PM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
Ceil, which program did you give up on? Stitch Composer or AcuStitch?
Favymtz 

--
Favymtz


Fiona Williams
 

Hi all,

Sorry not been keeping up it seems. Could I get a link to the video please?

Thank you,

Fiona


On Jun 7, 2022, at 8:02 PM, Ceil J <cjancola@...> wrote:


Stitch Composer.  Acustitch, thanks to your excellent video, was a breeze.  

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 7:56 PM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
Ceil, which program did you give up on? Stitch Composer or AcuStitch?
Favymtz 

--
Favymtz


favymtz
 

The link for my video was in the topic: AcuStitch Update Help
But here it is again!

Favymtz

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 7:29 AM Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry not been keeping up it seems. Could I get a link to the video please?

Thank you,

Fiona


On Jun 7, 2022, at 8:02 PM, Ceil J <cjancola@...> wrote:


Stitch Composer.  Acustitch, thanks to your excellent video, was a breeze.  

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 7:56 PM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
Ceil, which program did you give up on? Stitch Composer or AcuStitch?
Favymtz 

--
Favymtz


--
Favymtz


Fiona Williams
 

thank you so much
Fiona


On Jun 8, 2022, at 9:48 AM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:


The link for my video was in the topic: AcuStitch Update Help
But here it is again!

Favymtz

On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 7:29 AM Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry not been keeping up it seems. Could I get a link to the video please?

Thank you,

Fiona


On Jun 7, 2022, at 8:02 PM, Ceil J <cjancola@...> wrote:


Stitch Composer.  Acustitch, thanks to your excellent video, was a breeze.  

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 7:56 PM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
Ceil, which program did you give up on? Stitch Composer or AcuStitch?
Favymtz 

--
Favymtz


--
Favymtz