AcuStitch

Jeanniett Chicky

Jim

Working with the AcuStitch program can I change the measurements to inches from meters.  I changed my settings on the machine to be inches but cannot find a place to change the measurements to inches.  Also where can I find a new list of decorative stitches for the Quilt Maker upgrade.

Thank you in advance

Jeanniett

favymtz

No, you cannot change from mm to inches in the AcuStitch program.

--
Favymtz

Cat - N

I installed AcuStitch today, and saw there is an option to install StitchComposer, too.  I have the 15000, so have Horizon Link Suite installed, and it already has that.  Is there a difference...a benefit...a reason I should install it from the AcuStitch DVD?  I didn't install it because I didn't want to schmuck up the current installation, since StitchComposer is a component of HLS, which I upgraded following the v.3 update.

Thanks for guidance...info...much appreciated.

- Cat (FL)

favymtz

No, if you have Horizon Link already installed you don’t install the Stitch Composer again. It’s the exact same version.
The instructions will also detail that you need to choose the primary machine you use, if you have multiple machines, but it can also be changed in the Start menu when you work in the program. This is because of the hoops for the different machines.
--
Favymtz

Cat - N

Thanks, Faviola!  I had already experimented with it so was not a problem selecting English, machine, and played with various hoops and designs. I think it’s a useful software. I spent over 30 years in IT and computers were one of my hobbies so I saw enough ‘old version overwrites’ and ‘dll hell’ schmuck up my users’ computers...part of my job was to fix the mess!!!  I’m one to ask first then to proceed with great caution...lol

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

Anne Hein DE

Hi
No need to install stitch composer since you have it. It is included for those who have embroidery only - they can create stitches to use with AcuStitch

Anne in DE

Cat - N

That was my original guess, seeing the models list. Thank you, Anne!!!

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

Cheryl Paul

I have a story. I have an MC15000, Skyline S9 and a Continental M7 - all with the software provided in the box with the machines when I unpacked them. I installed most of the software, but having the 15000 first, most was already on my computer. However, somewhere along the way, I heard about AcuStitch talked to my dealer and ordered and paid for the program. WHY, I will never know. I’m not sure that the dealer understood that I already had it with my 2 embroidery/sewing machines (M7 came much later).

I’m really glad that I’m on this forum, as I’m learning a lot about what I need and what I don’t. I won’t end up in the poor house because I’ve made a foolish decision in purchasing something like AcuStitch, but it might have been nice to have had that money to use for something else.

Today I pick up my new MacBook Pro 16”, as my present MacBook is a senior in the technology world and doesn’t have enough memory to keep what I use on the machine. I like to sit in my reclining armchair and work on my “LapTop” and to have to have devices hanging off it isn’t convenient. Now this computer has been in the store since Monday, but we had a wicked last minute winter/spring storm and I wasn’t going out in that - winds were horrific with blowing snow and the streets were horribly icy. We even had “pile-ups” on our roads which NEVER happens here. So today the sun is shining but it is still cold, but I’m going out anyway.

Hope everyone is safe and ready for Easter. Our churches are open this year and we get to attend on Sunday at 2 in the afternoon. We need to “book” our spot and we were lucky enough to get one.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

June E Hudspeth

Oh wow Cheryl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay safe!

We've had the winds here in Sacramento as well; but temps in the high 70s and today in the 80s (20 degrees above normal).

Winds make my head hurt (smile); but we don't have ice/snow.

Always happy to hear and read what you have to say (big smile).

Enjoy your church service.

June/Sacramento

[...]

Renee Wojnowski

June! I grew up in Sacramento! Currently living in Texas.

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 4:32 PM June E Hudspeth <juneeh@...> wrote:
[...]

Oh wow Renee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually grew up in Lynn, Mass., but my husband was in the AF and we were stationed here at McClellan and made Sacramento our home (smile).

My husband is actually from Fort Worth (born & raised).

Small world.

[...]

Replying about Cheryl's comment:
However, somewhere along the way, I heard about AcuStitch talked to my dealer and ordered and paid for the program. WHY, I will never know. I’m not sure that the dealer understood that I already had it with my 2 embroidery/sewing machines (M7 came much later).
I beg to differ, but no, you don't get AcuStitch as part of any of the software that comes with the machines.
It's a completely different stand-alone program that creates borders, frames etc out of .stx stitches, to be used in embroidery designs.
I'm pretty certain that Cheryl is referring to the Stitch Composer program that comes with all the upper end machines?
--
Favymtz

Cat - N

Cheryl, what machine/software did AcuStitch come with...that you ended up duplicating what you already had gotten with your machine/s?  I know there is the 'convert stx' that does "line" or "circle" stitch patterns in HLS, but I see AcuStitch does more, so doesn't really 'duplicate' anything...much...that I can tell.  I can understand duplicating something you already had being aggravating...I have given several 'gifts' that I accicentally 'duplicated' for myself.

- Cat (FL)

I have a story.  I have an MC15000, Skyline S9 and a Continental M7 - all with the software provided in the box with the machines when I unpacked them.  I installed most of the software, but having the 15000 first, most was already on my computer.  However, somewhere along the way, I heard about AcuStitch talked to my dealer and ordered and paid for the program.  WHY, I will never know.  I’m not sure that the dealer understood that I already had it with my 2 embroidery/sewing machines (M7 came much later).

<SNIP>