AcuSetter

favymtz

This is a really good video made by Janome about using the AcuSetter App. Janome's Educator Erin is a very good instructor!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_HjfieM088
Faviola

Jim Stutsman

We also have a comprehensive video for AcuSetter in the My 15000 app.

Kathleen Smith

Question for Jim.   On one of your videos you have access to designs from older memory cards.  I have so many beautiful memory cards.  Is there a way to get designs off memory cards for use on the 15000

On May 7, 2019, at 7:25 AM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

We also have a comprehensive video for AcuSetter in the My 15000 app.

Jim Stutsman

There is, but it's not so easy. With the 8000 we used a device call "The Amazing Box". It was amazing, in that the software was amazingly bad, but we did eventually get all of the 8000 cards extracted. The 9000 cards could be read with the Scan & Sew PC, so it was a little easier. The 10000 cards could be downloaded direct from the machine, so those were the easiest. About 10-12 years ago Janome made a special offer whereby you could send in your cards and they would return a CD containing the designs. That expired long ago, and there are very few of the "box" products left on the market. The best of those was one from the Netherlands called "Card2PC" or something similar. It's been longer than my memory, so the name may not be right.

Claire Schutz

I have the Pes2Card3-SE from Joe Timmerman.  He has a yahoo group,   groups.yahoo.com/group/PES2CARD or can be reached at jostimmermans@... or search internet.  This allows you to store on computer and then send to machine. It transfers several different brands of cards, check this out, may help, Claire S.

On 5/7/2019 12:05 PM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io wrote:
There is, but it's not so easy. With the 8000 we used a device call "The Amazing Box". It was amazing, in that the software was amazingly bad, but we did eventually get all of the 8000 cards extracted. The 9000 cards could be read with the Scan & Sew PC, so it was a little easier. The 10000 cards could be downloaded direct from the machine, so those were the easiest. About 10-12 years ago Janome made a special offer whereby you could send in your cards and they would return a CD containing the designs. That expired long ago, and there are very few of the "box" products left on the market. The best of those was one from the Netherlands called "Card2PC" or something similar. It's been longer than my memory, so the name may not be right.

Kathleen Smith

Jim.  If I connect my 10000 directly to a computer, insert card and I can  download the designs on the card to my computer.

On May 7, 2019, at 11:08 AM, Claire Schutz <cyschutz@...> wrote:

[...]

No, not quite. I haven't done this in a dozen or more years, so I'm quoting from hazy recollections. In digging through the archives I have discovered that the key to getting 10000 cards into your computer is the Customizer 2000 box. It came out around the time of the 11000, and allowed 10000 cards to be read into the computer when inserted in the box. So you have two problems:
1. You need a Customizer 2000 box and software.
2. You need 32 bit Windows 7 or XP, since Janome never made a 64 bit USB driver for their machines or Customizer box. That will likely be the deal breaker.

It's been long enough now that Janome should really make those designs available again, maybe by putting 8000, 9000, and 10000 cards on a single CD for purchase at a reasonable price. Maybe they are listening.

Carol Mathers

LOL I haven't been following this thread but i do remember sending our cards to you to have them converted to use on the new machines.....(.sew to .jef?) that really takes me back! Was good of you!
Thanks once again Carol Mathers

On Tue., May 7, 2019, 4:16 p.m. Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io, <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
No, not quite. I haven't done this in a dozen or more years, so I'm quoting from hazy recollections. In digging through the archives I have discovered that the key to getting 10000 cards into your computer is the Customizer 2000 box. It came out around the time of the 11000, and allowed 10000 cards to be read into the computer when inserted in the box. So you have two problems:
1. You need a Customizer 2000 box and software.
2. You need 32 bit Windows 7 or XP, since Janome never made a 64 bit USB driver for their machines or Customizer box. That will likely be the deal breaker.

It's been long enough now that Janome should really make those designs available again, maybe by putting 8000, 9000, and 10000 cards on a single CD for purchase at a reasonable price. Maybe they are listening.

Virginia

Jim I had the 5700 and the 11,000 and at one time had customizer.  I have those designs saved on a CD somewhere.  Can you imagine.  I still have my original XP which I purchased when I purchased my 5700.  they are saved on there as well.  We went from a card reader to customizer and now to computer and USB.in a matter of about 26 years.  My how time files.

Virginia

No, not quite. I haven't done this in a dozen or more years, so I'm quoting from hazy recollections. In digging through the archives I have discovered that the key to getting 10000 cards into your computer is the Customizer 2000 box. It came out around the time of the 11000, and allowed 10000 cards to be read into the computer when inserted in the box. So you have two problems:
1. You need a Customizer 2000 box and software.
2. You need 32 bit Windows 7 or XP, since Janome never made a 64 bit USB driver for their machines or Customizer box. That will likely be the deal breaker.

It's been long enough now that Janome should really make those designs available again, maybe by putting 8000, 9000, and 10000 cards on a single CD for purchase at a reasonable price. Maybe they are listening.

Kathleen Smith

Unbelievable but I might have all of those things. Pays to be A saver.  I’ll work with it and see what happens.  Thank you for the quick answer.  Your videos are great.  I meet you years ago when I was working for Janome dealer in Geneseo, ny and went to Janome institute.  Nice to know you are still in the thick of it.

On May 7, 2019, at 3:16 PM, Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

No, not quite. I haven't done this in a dozen or more years, so I'm quoting from hazy recollections. In digging through the archives I have discovered that the key to getting 10000 cards into your computer is the Customizer 2000 box. It came out around the time of the 11000, and allowed 10000 cards to be read into the computer when inserted in the box. So you have two problems:
1. You need a Customizer 2000 box and software.
2. You need 32 bit Windows 7 or XP, since Janome never made a 64 bit USB driver for their machines or Customizer box. That will likely be the deal breaker.

It's been long enough now that Janome should really make those designs available again, maybe by putting 8000, 9000, and 10000 cards on a single CD for purchase at a reasonable price. Maybe they are listening.

Sandie Williamson <stitchin211@...>

I suggest watching YouTube video: PSV: Embroidery Tip 1: Janome Acusetter App Tutorial. It's easy to spot as its first screen shows striped fabric hooped at a wonky angle. It basically goes through how Acusetter is used to get a well aligned design. It's very basic but does demo how it works. I hope you find it helpful.
It's from Pocono Sew & Vac, I hope it helps to clear the mystery.
Bye, Sandra Williamson

DIANNE COOPER

So you cannot make the accusetter work on laptop that isconnected to s9 janome?  It has to be a tablet.  I have apple tablet but. Cant seem to download the free app

On May 7, 2019 10:25 AM, "Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io" <onlinesewing@...> wrote:
We also have a comprehensive video for AcuSetter in the My 15000 app.

Jim Stutsman

No, AcuSetter is an iOS app and cannot run on Windows. You can download it on an iPad running iOS 9 or later using this link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/acusetter/id1036045030?mt=8

Virginia

Not sure but I believe the free apps were for the 15,000.  There was a code provided to 15,000 owners when they registered their machines.  You could contact Janome at custrel@....

So you cannot make the accusetter work on laptop that isconnected to s9 janome?  It has to be a tablet.  I have apple tablet but. Cant seem to download the free app

On May 7, 2019 10:25 AM, "Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io" <onlinesewing@...> wrote:
We also have a comprehensive video for AcuSetter in the My 15000 app.

DIANNE COOPER

How do i know what my tablet is running on

On May 8, 2019 4:14 PM, "Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io" <onlinesewing@...> wrote:
No, AcuSetter is an iOS app and cannot run on Windows. You can download it on an iPad running iOS 9 or later using this link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/acusetter/id1036045030?mt=8

Jim Stutsman

Tap Settings -> About.

DIANNE COOPER

???

On May 8, 2019 6:06 PM, "Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io" <onlinesewing@...> wrote:
Tap Settings -> About.
1. Find the Settings app on your iPad screen and tap it. The icon is a gear.
2. Find General on the Settings menu. It usually opens there. Tap it.
3. Find About on the General settings. Tap it.
4. Look at Software Version. If it is less than 9.1 you need to update. That’s done using Software Update, directly below About.
5. If your iPad is older than iPad 2 (basically original iPad) it cannot be updated and you cannot use the Janome apps.

DIANNE COOPER

you are a blessings   thank  you for all the help you give us.

On May 8, 2019 at 6:16 PM DIANNE COOPER <ditiques@...> wrote:

???

On May 8, 2019 6:06 PM, "Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io" <onlinesewing@...> wrote:
Tap Settings -> About.
1. Find the Settings app on your iPad screen and tap it. The icon is a gear.
2. Find General on the Settings menu. It usually opens there. Tap it.
3. Find About on the General settings. Tap it.
4. Look at Software Version. If it is less than 9.1 you need to update. That’s done using Software Update, directly below About.
5. If your iPad is older than iPad 2 (basically original iPad) it cannot be updated and you cannot use the Janome apps.

DIANNE COOPER

it cannot be downloaded on a tablet correct?   my ipad quit and now i have nothing but a galaxy tab a tablet    samsung

On 05/08/2019 4:14 PM Jim Stutsman via Groups.Io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

No, AcuSetter is an iOS app and cannot run on Windows. You can download it on an iPad running iOS 9 or later using this link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/acusetter/id1036045030?mt=8

Cat - N

AcuSetter is iOS as far as I know...not for Android...and only on iPads...not iPhones.

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.