Acufeed vs dual feed

Joyce VanAtta

I have had my 15000 for a year and am still learning a lot.
Something that still puzzles me is the acufeed and dual feel.
Apparently the acufeed is the same as the walking foot.  Correct??
The dual feed is similar, so when is the best time to use it?

I look forward to hearing your answers.
Thanks, Joyce

Lyn Quine

Yes they are the same, use them with thick layers of fabric, multi layers, slippery fabric.  The feed dogs in the foot work in time with the feed dogs in the machine, the feed the fabric through and the same rate, so when you get to the end of the seam, they should match rather than the top being longer than the bottom.

Regards
Lyn Quine