Topics

AcuFeed Flex Prfessional Grade Foot (HP2)

zeekabo

I love the HP Foot and just purchased the AcuFeed flex foot HP2.  When I put it on my machine the Dual Feed button didn't light up.  Is it supposed to or is it not a part of that feature?  I did a test sew and it sewed just fine.
Thank you
Donna

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® E

Jim Stutsman

That’s normal for that foot. 

blue_lak

From what I can see in pix, the HP2 foot unclips from the flex unit, as does the VD foot from the Accu Flex Single unit. I can also see that the HP2 Accu Flex "unit" is offset to work with the special plate. So in theory, would this HP2 flex "foot" work with the Accu Flex Single unit and the regular straight stitch plate for the rest of us?
Jan

Virginia

The if you are speaking about a Janome machine you need to always press the dual feed option to light it up.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 7/7/19 12:17 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] AcuFeed Flex Prfessional Grade Foot (HP2)

I love the HP Foot and just purchased the AcuFeed flex foot HP2.  When I put it on my machine the Dual Feed button didn't light up.  Is it supposed to or is it not a part of that feature?  I did a test sew and it sewed just fine.
Thank you
Donna

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® E

Ande Jackson

I use the HP2 foot with the standard straight stitch plate on my S9. Love it!

Ande in SC

William D Lawson

I use it on my S5 also!!!  I love it.  I just move the needle to the left with the button.  It it great!!!
Happy sewing
Gwen

On Monday, July 8, 2019, 08:10:49 AM EDT, Ande Jackson via Groups.Io <andejackson@...> wrote:

I use the HP2 foot with the standard straight stitch plate on my S9.  Love it!

Ande in SC

zeekabo

The HP flex foot is a single unit and it states it's to be used with the HP plate. I'm not going use it with any other stitch plate. Maybe someone else has and had success. I'll be 
following.

Anne Hein DE

The acufeed tab on the machine only shows you the preferred stitches needed with the acufeed foot. When you use the hp2 foot with the hp plate the plate sets the machine to only the straight straight stitches you can use. That is why the acufeed tab does not light up. 

Anne in DE

zeekabo

I figured since I am using the HP2 AccuFlex foot for the HP plate that attaches like the other Accufeed feet tseehe tab would light up. It sews just fine so I guess there's no problem.

zeekabo

I figured with  the HP2 AccuFlex foot that's to be used with the HP plate and attaches like the other Accufeed feet the tab would light up. Jim says it doesnt light up with that foot and since it's sewing just fine I'm okay with that. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong.  The HP system is awesome!

Barbara Castle

Thank you for this specific wording. It has answered my wondering about whether I need to select this tab when I am sewing regular stitching using the acufeed feet. I hadn’t been and I guess that’s good! Will certainly use it when using decorative stitches to make sure the acufeed will work correctly. 

Barbara (in slightly cooler than usual central California)  

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 4:32 AM Anne Hein DE <annhein83@...> wrote:
The acufeed tab on the machine only shows you the preferred stitches needed with the acufeed foot. When you use the hp2 foot with the hp plate the plate sets the machine to only the straight straight stitches you can use. That is why the acufeed tab does not light up. 

Anne in DE