Topics

AcuEdit problems

darlene Reese

We recently changed our internet server, and I not send my AcuDesign files to my machine.
we have had to hook up our router so we can access our old internet password, and it works on the AcuDesign program . When i check the machine setting in AcuEdit, it says I am connected to the Janome 15000, but when i try to send, it says to go back and set the correct machine.
it will not let me send the quilt in the hoop to anywhere but the AcuEdit, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.
I am able to send files wirelessly to the Janome 15000 still, there seems to be no problem there.
i have contacted Janome, but as yet have no answer.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

onlinesewing@...

I'm going to need some additional information and clarification before I can offer much help. An "Internet server" would be a computer connected to the Internet for the purpose of providing files, typically those used to create websites. Almost no one has a server in their home, because most Internet Service Providers do not allow it. I think what you changed was more likely your router, which is the box that creates the wireless network within your home. Your third sentence says that you cannot send designs from AcuEdit to the machine, but then you say you are able to send files wirelessly to the Janome 15000. Are you saying that you could do this BEFORE you changed routers, not AFTER? In any case, if you changed the router you MUST set up wireless in the machine again, as the IP address would change using a new router. Every device on your network will get a different IP when you change routers, but most computers and iPads will do this automatically without complaint. After you go through the wireless setup again, look at the IP the machine shows. It will begin with either 192.168 or 10.0. The first 3 numbers of the IP must match the first 3 numbers of your iPad IP. You can see what the IP of your iPad is by tapping the circled letter "i" in the WiFi Settings. If the first 3 numbers do not match you will be unable to send. If you are still having trouble, please provide a step by step listing of what you did and what happened. Thanks!

darlene Reese

Well, here goes again, hope I am a little clearer this time Jim.
we upgraded our internet service for a higher speed internet recently.
the internet company sent us a new box, and we called them once it was hooked up. We were given a new access code.
before this, we used a router, but they said it was not necessary to use a router because the Wifi was built into this new box .
i was able to go into my machine and find the new name, and changed the password so that it would connect.
however, none of the other programs, AcuEdit, Quilt in the Hoop, or my new Artistic Edge would connect.
So I hooked up the old router and found my old connection and password, and was able to change m sewing machine back to the old system, and it works fine.
my Artistic Edge also works wirelessly again.
But I am still having no luck with the Acuedit.
when I go into the program and try to bring up the files that came with the machine, it tells me to set the program to the correct machine.

I do this, and it recognizes it and says done, but then I go back to view the files and it will not let me.
i can send files to the AcuEdit from the AcuDesign, and I can modify them, but I cannot send them to the machine even though i have set it to the Janome.
i even uninstalled the AcuEdit and reinstalled it, but that did not work.
i checked the IP address on the machine and it is fine.
my reese address is 192.168.1.102, and the machine is 192.168.1.105
i went in and changed it to the same as my reese ip, but it wouldn’t work the, so I had to go in and change it back.
i just don’t know where to go from here, I am completely lost.
does this make more sense to you now?
Before the change, all systems were up and running just great.
should I maybe uninstall the AcuDesign and Quilt in the hook and reinstall them.
i don’t  want to do that unless you say I should.

The way my luck is going, I could lose it all.

Thanks for your help.
Darlene Reese

onlinesewing@...

With regard to IP addresses, you should not be changing those. Let the router assign them. Otherwise you could wind up with more than one device having the same IP, which will really mess things up. On a given network, the first 3 numbers of an IP address must be the same and the last one MUST be unique to each device.

Removing and reinstalling apps probably won't help. In the case of Quilt in the Hoop it will lose all your fabrics and quilt designs, and it will not help the problem at all. Because Janome uses a proprietary protocol for sending designs to the machine, QITH must rely on AcuEdit to send designs to the machine. You didn't say whether AcuDesign is able to send designs to the machine. It does have the capability of doing that during the export function.

If AcuEdit sees your machine, but cannot send, it probably means that there is a problem with the signal. Your new router may not have as strong a WiFi signal as the old one, due to differences in antenna placement and channel use. It takes very little data traffic for the iPad to "see" the machine, but once you start sending a design much more is involved. If the signal is weak it may fail. In the case of web traffic a page is broken up into many, many small packets of data. As each one is sent the receiver sends a short "I got it" or "Nope, didn't get it" message for each packet. If one is lost the server will send it again. Janome uses a different protocol for sending designs, which basically says "Here it comes!" and the entire stream is sent. If part of it gets lost the receiver (machine) will detect that and say "It didn't work". I don't know any of the details, whether they retry, or not, but in areas with a weak signal or lots of neighbors with WiFi on the same channel, it often fails.

WiFi is a radio. The signal degrades when it goes through walls, especially when there is metal - pipes, wires, etc. The further the machine is from the router, the worse it will be. Since you had no problem with your old router, a simple fix might be to turn off the WiFi in the new one, and plug the old router into it. You just run a cable from one of the new router's ports to the Internet port on the old router. In that case the old router handles the WiFi, while the new one manages the network. Your ISP should be able to help you set that up after you explain that you are having signal strength issues. This can create a situation called "Double NAT", but that can be ignored.

darlene Reese

Thanks for your answer
i guess I have to find some computer technician to make a house call.
the AcuEdit says it is connected to the machine, but it will not send.
i have the old router plugged in, and that is when I could see m6 old address and connect to the machine, AcuDesign, and the Artistic Edge..
i would hate  to lose all that again, so maybe that would be the route to
go.
I just don’t understand why everything else would work and not the AcuEdit.
at least I now know why the Quilt in the hoop,won’t work, and it never will until I get this problem straightened out.
Darlene

onlinesewing@...

You should be able to get your Internet provider to send a technician since it relates to a service upgrade. Just tell them you are having WiFi issues that you didn't have before the upgrade.

darlene Reese

Thanks for all your help.
Thats what I am going to do.
darlene