AcuEdit & 15000

Pixey

Hi Fiona,
I am stating a new thread on your problem with sending a design to your 15000 and have pasted your original message below.  I know when I get in a hurry or frustrated, I sometimes overlook steps on AcuEdit.

When you say you are checking to see if the machine is listed in the app and it appears but is grayed out at the bottom…

I have found that the grayed out at the bottom shows the last machine connected, not the current active connection.  When you touch the Target Machine icon  (upper right corner icon with the machine and a target) are you seeing your 15000 at the top in blue with an IP address. If not, try touching the refresh circle on the lower right of the Target Machine window.  I generally have to reconnect to it each time I turn it on.  Also, just double checking that the machine is already turned on and connected to Wi-Fi, before you try and connect from the iPad.

Also, you are mentioning importing the design, I assume you are actually meaning the Send function in the upper left part of the screen.

Pixey

On Jun 29, 2022, at 3:04 PM, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

Hi All,

So I have been using my 15000 with acuedit no problem until today. I reset all of my network settings and everything seemed fine. Still would not import a design. When I check to see if my machine is still listed in the app it is except it shows up greyed out at the very bottom. No matter how many times I try to get it to realist my machine it does not. Can anyone offer any suggestions. Wedding embroidery to do and am so frustrated. I didn’t even have a problem when we moved everything worked without me having to reset anything.
Baffled 😭

Fiona

Fiona Williams

Hi Pixey,

You are correct I meant the send function. I have actually never had to reconnect my machine to my ipad even when we moved and it was working fine until today. I tried everything mentioned below. My machine does not show up except greyed out at the bottom even after refresh. So frustrating. I have re set everything, turned everything on and off no idea what is happening but of course it is happening at the worst time.
If there are any more ideas I open to trying anything.
Correction with the exception of deleting and reinstalling acuedit as all my designs are stored there and nowhere else. I know I was just reading all the info on backing up and was planning on doing but haven’t 😭.

Thank you

Fiona

On Jun 29, 2022, at 5:54 PM, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...> wrote:

[...]

Joyce Golden

 Make sure computer and machine are connected to same network.  My computer sometimes changes.

On Jun 29, 2022, at 6:18 PM, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Joyce,

Yes they are but something has been bugging me and I don’t know if it has any bearing. Beside my wifi icon at the top when in the import screen there is a head with a finger as if they are shooshing me. It may have always been there but I don’t remember noticing it before. So I decided to go into settings and see there is a volume setting it too is greyed out and will not let me change it even though according to manual I should be able to.
Any thoughts?

Fiona

On Jun 29, 2022, at 6:33 PM, Joyce Golden <jgolden@...> wrote:

[...]

Figured out the volume but still cannot get acuedit to play nice with the 15000
Fiona

On Jun 29, 2022, at 7:13 PM, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

[...]

Fixed the volume by going back to the default settings. Rechecked the wifi no idea what is happening.
[...]

So I don’t know enough about how AcuEdit saves files to know how to retrieve it.  I have not had a problem with AcuEdit finding the machine when I refresh the Target Machine page.  So long as the machine and the iPad are connecting to the same router.

But let’s look at this from a different direction.  There are other ways to get a design on the 15000 than through AcuEdit.  Do you have a Windows computer (desktop or laptop)?  And where did the design come from originally?  Was it downloaded from a commercial site?  If so, can you go back to the source and download it again?  What I am getting at is whether you can put the design on a USB and get it to the 15000 that way?

To be honest, you can do pretty much everything in AcuEdit within the machine itself, once you get the design there.

Pixey

On Jun 29, 2022, at 6:54 PM, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

[...]

Does anyone maybe Jim have any other suggestions why my 15000 and acuEdit are not communicating I am at my wits end. Janome support is not great there is absolutely no one to contact. all of my other apps if you have an issue you can email the developer and get immediate help!! Not Janome????

Thanks
Fiona

On Jun 29, 2022, at 7:53 PM, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim Stutsman

When submitting an app to the App Store it is required that you provide a web address for support. Janome does have such a link for AcuEdit:
     https://www7.janome.co.jp/global/
If you click that link it takes you to the Janome Global site, in the version that supports your language. From there you will not be able to find anything related to support, other than the address of the Janome website for your region. Solving WiFi connection issues remotely is supremely difficult. About all I can do is offer some basics:
  • There are 3 components involved in WiFi connection: the iPad, the network itself, and the machine. Trying to test all 3 at once is frustrating and pointless. Instead you should check each one separately.
  • First check the router. Power it off, count to 10, then turn it back on. If your router is built into your cable, satellite, or DSL modem turn that off instead, count to 10, then back on. Wait until you see all green lights. If you don't get green lights then it's time to call the Internet provider.
  • Next check the iPad. Go to Settings. Make sure Airplane Mode is OFF. Make sure Wi-Fi is set to your home network. Look in the top right corner of the screen for WiFi signal strength next to the battery indicator. It looks like a tornado and should have 3 bars, although the bottom "bar" is really just a dot.
  • Tap the Wi-Fi option. At the top of the next screen it will show the network you are connected to. It should have a check mark next to it. Tap the rightmost button on that line, the one with the letter I inside a circle. About ⅔ of the way down on the next screen find IP Address. Write it down. You only need to do this in the IPV4 ADDRESS section. The machine cannot use IPV6.
  • Next you need to look at the path the WiFi signal must use to get to the machine for possible sources of interference or signal loss. A microwave oven can disrupt WiFi while operating. Did the machine get moved? Is there a large metal object near the machine? Has it been moved to a different room? Is there a neighbor with a strong network nearby? You can see the list in Settings -> Wi-Fi under OTHER NETWORKS. If you are in the room where your machine is, with your iPad, and you have one or more neighbors with more signal bars than you have on your iPad, you may have problems.
  • Next go to the machine and open the SET screen. Go through the Wi-Fi configuration again. If you cannot get an IP address then connection will be impossible. If you do get an IP address, compare it with the one you wrote down in the steps above. There are 4 numbers, separated by dots. The first 3 numbers MUST be the same on your machine as what you wrote down, and the last number MUST NOT be the same. If the first 3 numbers are different, then you have either connected the machine to a guest network (if you have one), or a neighbor's network (which would mean their network is unsecured).
If you get to this point and have not found a problem, then the next step would be to take the machine to a different network, like the dealer's store or a friend. Take the iPad and try to connect using their network. If that also fails to work you may have a machine issue.

Fiona Williams

Hi Jim,

Thank you. I have done everything except take the machine somewhere else and try their wifi. It is so weird because it worked and then the next day I went to embroider something and it just would not work. The only thing I did in between was download the new apps for the M17 to look at them on my ipad but never tried to connect them or anything so I don’t think that is it but if you do please let me know.

Thanks
Fiona

On Jun 30, 2022, at 3:53 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

[...]

Lyn Quine

If you downloaded the M17 apps could that have updated the original apps and it’s looking for an M17?

On 30 Jun 2022, at 21:04, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

[...]

The M17 apps are completely separate from AcuEdit. I've downloaded and installed them to see if there is interference, but they have no effect on communication with the 15000. That said, if one were to use the split screen option on the iPad to run both Embroidery Link (M17) and AcuEdit (15000) side by side, there might be a conflict if both apps were trying to connect to a machine.

Fiona Williams

Hi Jim,

Sorry to bother you I know it is a holiday and hope you are enjoying it. Ok so I think I know the problem but I don’t know how to solve it. So in settings my wifi shows up correctly but when I go to my machine and switch to the import screen all of a sudden the wifi signal is greyed out ( means not working I guess). My ipad is sitting 1/2 inch away from the machine as I am typing and shows the wifi signal is ok but yet still grey on my machine??? I am super confused. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I do not understand how wifi can be correct on both but greyed out on the machine.

[...]

So I finally plugged my computer into the machine and tried to send a design from Horizon link suit and it failed. I am now worried. Is my machine shot? As of right now I have no way of getting designs to my machine 😭.

Fiona

On Jun 30, 2022, at 4:47 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

The M17 apps are completely separate from AcuEdit. I've downloaded and installed them to see if there is interference, but they have no effect on communication with the 15000. That said, if one were to use the split screen option on the iPad to run both Embroidery Link (M17) and AcuEdit (15000) side by side, there might be a conflict if both apps were trying to connect to a machine.

Lyn Quine

If you have small USB sticks/flash drive, plug one of those into the machine it will format it automatically, then you can put design files into the folders.  When I say small 2GB is recommended, but as long as you don’t cram too many designs on it it will read an 8GB but just don’t use a really big USB

On 2 Jul 2022, at 14:40, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

 Hi Jim,

So I finally plugged my computer into the machine and tried to send a design from Horizon link suit and it failed. I am now worried. Is my machine shot? As of right now I have no way of getting designs to my machine 😭.

Fiona

On Jun 30, 2022, at 4:47 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

The M17 apps are completely separate from AcuEdit. I've downloaded and installed them to see if there is interference, but they have no effect on communication with the 15000. That said, if one were to use the split screen option on the iPad to run both Embroidery Link (M17) and AcuEdit (15000) side by side, there might be a conflict if both apps were trying to connect to a machine.

favymtz

Fiona, can't you just copy the design into the .emb folder on a usb?
~favymtz

--
Favymtz

Fiona Williams

Thanks Pixey,

i am now in the process of putting all my designs on USB but I plugged my lap top directly into my machine using the cord Janome provided and it still couldn’t find my machine even with the direct connection so I am very worried that something which could be very expensive to fix is wrong.

Fiona

On Jun 29, 2022, at 9:55 PM, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...> wrote:

[...]

Don’t load the USB with designs, other than those you are wanting to sew immediately.  If you put too many on the machine will take a long time to read them.  It has to read them all before it can display them.  I have lots of USBs, as I stitch the designs, I delete them.  They are on my computer so I can find them, backed up on an external drive and my original zipped download on a very large USB and that too is backed up on both computer and external drive.  I only use small USBs on my machines and make sure I delete the designs when I’ve stitched.  I do have one or two ongoing projects, and I keep those USBs separate and labelled then I can use them when I feel like continuing with the project.  I also have another USB with designs that I regularly stitch.

On 3 Jul 2022, at 13:16, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

[...]

I don’t have an M17. My husband told me to turn off the wifi and try plugging the machine indirectly again. What do you think. I did plug the machine directly into my Microsoft computer but it still did not recognize my machine. Is his idea worth a try or unlikely to make a difference?
Fiona

On Jun 30, 2022, at 4:47 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

The M17 apps are completely separate from AcuEdit. I've downloaded and installed them to see if there is interference, but they have no effect on communication with the 15000. That said, if one were to use the split screen option on the iPad to run both Embroidery Link (M17) and AcuEdit (15000) side by side, there might be a conflict if both apps were trying to connect to a machine.

favymtz

Fiona, if you are trying to use the direct connection cable and Horizon Link to send & receive designs and it's not working, it's most likely because you haven't installed the driver for the program.
If the driver hasn't been installed, the machine & the computer will not be able to communicate at all.
Favymtz
image.png