Topics

A question for Jim


Anna C Simon <rbs11739@...>
 

Jim,
Could you please tell me just what is the difference between the walking
foot and the Convertible Even Feed Foot Set for the11000. I have asked this question in the 11000 group and the MC group. No one has answered 

I am very new to the MC11000, I am used to using my Singer XL6000

Ann Simon (in nowhere land) Bradford Pa.
 

 


Sherry Martin
 

I'm not Jim, but the walking foot is also called the even feed foot. The convertible even feed foot set comes with both the regular foot and and open toe foot (they are detachable from the actual walking foot part). I had both the regular walking foot and open toe foot for my 11000, and I used the open toe foot all the time and didn't use the regular one much. You can see much better when doing things liking stich-in-the-ditch and sewing on binding with the open toe foot.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Anna C Simon" <rbs11739@...> wrote:

Jim,
Could you please tell me just what is the difference between the walking
foot and the Convertible Even Feed Foot Set for the11000. I have asked this
question in the 11000 group and the MC group. No one has answered

I am very new to the MC11000, I am used to using my Singer XL6000

Ann Simon (in nowhere land) Bradford Pa.


Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

First let's note that "walking foot" is another name for "even feed foot." Your machine comes with a standard even feed foot, item 13 on page 5 of the instruction book. The Convertible Even Feed Foot Set comes with some extra pieces:
* An open toe sole plate to make the foot open toe
* A snap-in guide that makes it a Stitch-in-the-Ditch even feed foot
* A snap-in adjustable quilting guide, usable on either side of the foot

The two guides are available separately under part #214518005, and they could be used with the foot that came with your machine.

For more details see this page:
http://www.janome.co.jp/e/e_downloads/pdf/janomebulletin/jtm-1014.pdf

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Anna C Simon" <rbs11739@...> wrote:

Jim,
Could you please tell me just what is the difference between the walking
foot and the Convertible Even Feed Foot Set for the11000. I have asked this
question in the 11000 group and the MC group. No one has answered

I am very new to the MC11000, I am used to using my Singer XL6000

Ann Simon (in nowhere land) Bradford Pa.


Anna C Simon <rbs11739@...>
 

Sherry thank you very much. I have much to learn about this machine. 
 

-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 12/15/2011 3:08:22 PM
Subject: [janome12000] Re: A question for Jim
 
 

I'm not Jim, but the walking foot is also called the even feed foot. The convertible even feed foot set comes with both the regular foot and and open toe foot (they are detachable from the actual walking foot part). I had both the regular walking foot and open toe foot for my 11000, and I used the open toe foot all the time and didn't use the regular one much. You can see much better when doing things liking stich-in-the-ditch and sewing on binding with the open toe foot.

--- In janome12000@..., "Anna C Simon" wrote:
>
> Jim,
> Could you please tell me just what is the difference between the walking
> foot and the Convertible Even Feed Foot Set for the11000. I have asked this
> question in the 11000 group and the MC group. No one has answered
>
> I am very new to the MC11000, I am used to using my Singer XL6000
>
> Ann Simon (in nowhere land) Bradford Pa.
>

 


Grace Lubold <glubold@...>
 

In regard to my question about transferring designs to the 12000,  my problem is specifically transferring larger designs to take advantage of the bigger hoops for the 12000.     I just got a design that is 9.40 x 4.5 mm.   It is too big for any but the MA hoop for the 11000.   What do I do?   I hope this is more clear.  Grace


Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

Yes, that's clear and the GR hoop is the only one that will work. I've done some experimenting and found out how you can do it. Here's how:
1. Open your large design in EasyDesign.
2. Select the 11000 machine and the MA hoop.
3. Save the design as a JEF to your Documents folder (Windows 7) or My Documents (XP). This will create one or more JEF designs. If more than 1 they will be numbered.
4. Open Horizon Link for editing. Select the GR hoop.
5. Use the Place button to insert the first MA design from the (My) Documents folder.
6. If you have multiple MA designs repeat the Place operation for each in order.
At this point you should have a design ready to stitch. Only one thing could make it fail - if the original design has any objects that are larger than 200mm Digitizer will refuse to save it for the MA hoop. Fixing that is very complicated, and you had best wait for the MBX upgrade.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Grace Lubold" <glubold@...> wrote:

In regard to my question about transferring designs to the 12000, my problem is specifically transferring larger designs to take advantage of the bigger hoops for the 12000. I just got a design that is 9.40 x 4.5 mm. It is too big for any but the MA hoop for the 11000. What do I do? I hope this is more clear. Grace


Grace Lubold <glubold@...>
 

Thank you for your response.   I still have 2 questions.   What is the “place” button....   looked for one but could not locate it.   The other question is, is it ok to just copy design directly to the embf folder on my thumb drive,  not using any design program for the transfer?  I did put in my design in the 12000 that way and was able to open it in the gr hoop.   Am I creating a problem doing that?      Thanks,   Grace


Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

It's actually the "Design" button in the "Place" section of the ribbon toolbar at the top of the Horizon Link editing window. Yes, you can copy the designs directly to the EmbF inside the EMB folder on your flash drive. Keep in mind that when the large design was saved for stitching in the MA hoop, there may be multiple layers of stitching. In my case a large jacket back design created 5 layers of stitching, saved as design1.jef, design2.jef and design3.jef. On the 11000 you would stitch each of these in order without removing the hoop. On the 12000 when I opened the first design (design1.jef) it was put into the GR hoop. Then I used the EDIT function to add design2.jef and finally design3.jef. This left me with a single design to stitch in hoop GR (with 61 color changes and 74 minutes of stitching!). If all your design is in one file, you can just throw it in the flash drive, open on the machine and sew. But if you have multiple designs you must be careful to add them to the hoop in order to preserve the layering.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Grace Lubold" <glubold@...> wrote:

Thank you for your response. I still have 2 questions. What is the “place� button.... looked for one but could not locate it. The other question is, is it ok to just copy design directly to the embf folder on my thumb drive, not using any design program for the transfer? I did put in my design in the 12000 that way and was able to open it in the gr hoop. Am I creating a problem doing that? Thanks, Grace