A couple of questions....

Marsha

What foot are you folks using for edge stitching & as a walking foot for decorative stitches? I like to use some of the decorative stitches for stitching thru fabric & batting sandwiches & the accufeed only works with straight stitches....

Marsha

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Diane uses the G (Blind Hem) foot with the needle moved to the left as needed to achieve 1/16" or whatever you want the edge to be.

For decorative stitches, if you put the foot on but don't tell the machine you want Dual Feed stitches, then you can use any of the decorative stitches. It works best on stitches that don't have reverse cycles in them (backing up and stitching again), but there's no problem doing it.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Marsha" <hobbied1@...> wrote:

What foot are you folks using for edge stitching & as a walking foot for decorative stitches? I like to use some of the decorative stitches for stitching thru fabric & batting sandwiches & the accufeed only works with straight stitches....

Marsha

Marsha

Thanks, Jim! I'm going to try the dual feed foot again on my next project of that type!

Marsha

Diane uses the G (Blind Hem) foot with the needle moved to the left as needed to achieve 1/16" or whatever you want the edge to be.

For decorative stitches, if you put the foot on but don't tell the machine you want Dual Feed stitches, then you can use any of the decorative stitches. It works best on stitches that don't have reverse cycles in them (backing up and stitching again), but there's no problem doing it.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Marsha" <hobbied1@> wrote:

What foot are you folks using for edge stitching & as a walking foot for decorative stitches? I like to use some of the decorative stitches for stitching thru fabric & batting sandwiches & the accufeed only works with straight stitches....

Marsha

janetpiekarski

The accufeed feet can be used for any stitch (some look terrible) but you can't use the DIFFERENTIAL portion in anything but the straight stitches (it's that icon that turns yellow and grays out all non functioning stitches)