A couple of embroidery questions

gbmko

In the manual, it lists the inventory of items that come with the machine. I'm curious to know if anyone received the bobbin thread listed?

Is it OK to embroider with the clear extension table in place, or should you have the accessory box in place instead?

I stitched my first design, from the Y. Ganaha Interior section...the heart. At stitch 8191 it "paused", and when I restarted, it cut the thread. I went back a few stitches, and it sewed a few, and cut the thread and stopped. I realized that there was jump stitch there, and i had the trim jump stitches on. But, I had to restart the machine. Is that normal, or does it usually just go to the next area and start on its own? I'm not exactly sure even that is why it "paused". Has anyone else stitched this design with the trim jumps on, and have the same thing happen? Thanks! Barbara Jean

theagedpage@...

my thread is located in the bag with the stabilizer and felt...

---- gbmko <gbmko@yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]

I forgot about the felt, which I also couldn't find. what is the felt for? I'm guessing they forgot to include those items with my machine. I did get the Jenny Haskins stabilizer pieces.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "gbmko" <gbmko@...> wrote:

In the manual, it lists the inventory of items that come with the machine. I'm curious to know if anyone received the bobbin thread listed?

Is it OK to embroider with the clear extension table in place, or should you have the accessory box in place instead?

I stitched my first design, from the Y. Ganaha Interior section...the heart. At stitch 8191 it "paused", and when I restarted, it cut the thread. I went back a few stitches, and it sewed a few, and cut the thread and stopped. I realized that there was jump stitch there, and i had the trim jump stitches on. But, I had to restart the machine. Is that normal, or does it usually just go to the next area and start on its own? I'm not exactly sure even that is why it "paused". Has anyone else stitched this design with the trim jumps on, and have the same thing happen? Thanks! Barbara Jean

Sherry Martin

After I just realized a couple of days ago that you can embroidery with the table on, I've been using the table. I haven't had any problems. In fact it seems to be that the table sticking out a little more might add some more stabilization to the embroidery hoop.

---- gbmko <gbmko@...> wrote:
In the manual, it lists the inventory of items that come with the machine. I'm curious to know if anyone received the bobbin thread listed?

Is it OK to embroider with the clear extension table in place, or should you have the accessory box in place instead?

I stitched my first design, from the Y. Ganaha Interior section...the heart. At stitch 8191 it "paused", and when I restarted, it cut the thread. I went back a few stitches, and it sewed a few, and cut the thread and stopped. I realized that there was jump stitch there, and i had the trim jump stitches on. But, I had to restart the machine. Is that normal, or does it usually just go to the next area and start on its own? I'm not exactly sure even that is why it "paused". Has anyone else stitched this design with the trim jumps on, and have the same thing happen? Thanks! Barbara Jean

vicki chrobak

I got the bobbin thread with mine.

--
Vicki Jo

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

We may have gotten bobbin thread - if we did it's probably still in the box.

Yes, you can embroider with the table in place. In fact it's probably better that way as your hoop is more stable.

With that particular design you don't want to have the jump cut turned on. Although the design does not actually have any "true" jumps in it, there are 6 stitches that are coded as jumps. They are part of the underlay. This may be causing some confusion to the machine. Turn off the jump cut and it should sew correctly.

[...]

Beverly Vangool <bvangool@...>

Hi Jim

I have bought the 12000 and am planning to buy a new computer to accommodate the new upgrade for the digitizer. Right now my laptop is an older XP with 1 Gb and I haven't bought the upgrade yet as I think my computer probably can't handle it. Can it? Could you please give the minimum requirements needed. I have a Mac desktop but think I will buy a PC laptop as I find the Mac issues a pain when it comes to Janome (I'm not very computer literate). Can you use the 64 bit Windows or do you need the 32 bit?

I also wonder if you use Digitizer MBX what is the advantage of Horizon Link other that being able to go direct to the sewing machine?? Is there anything else the Horizon Link does that digitizer can't do? Can you not do all the editing on the digitizer and put them on the USB stick and take them to the sewing machine like we did with the 1100? Would I have to instal Horizon Link on the new computer if I don't plan on going direct to the sewing machine?

Thanks for helping

Bev

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

Your XP computer with 1GB is adequate for Horizon Link, but a bit weak for Digitizer MBX. All of the Janome software is now fully compatible with Windows 7, both 32 and 64-bit. Horizon Link does allow sending to the machine directly, but is no substitute for Digitizer. With MBX you can continue to use USB to take designs to the machine, just as you've done for the 11000. In that event you would not have to install Horizon Link, unless you wanted to be able to create custom sewing stitches.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Beverly Vangool <bvangool@...> wrote:

[...]

Vikki Youngmeyer

I received the bobbin thread. However, I didn’t receive the vertical pin to hold thread spools, nor the little red felt piece.

Because of my setup, I’ve had to remove the extension table when doing embroidery. I do have the accessory box in place.

Haven’t tried your design, but have actually “paused” the machine to remove some “fluff” (okay dog hair) from the work surface and it restarted okay.

Vikki

Houston, TX

gbmko

Thank you for the information.

is there a way to tell beforehand which designs you want to have the "jump cut" turned off?

the design is beautiful stitched out! I'll give it a try again with that feature turned off.

We may have gotten bobbin thread - if we did it's probably still in the box.

Yes, you can embroider with the table in place. In fact it's probably better that way as your hoop is more stable.

With that particular design you don't want to have the jump cut turned on. Although the design does not actually have any "true" jumps in it, there are 6 stitches that are coded as jumps. They are part of the underlay. This may be causing some confusion to the machine. Turn off the jump cut and it should sew correctly.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "gbmko" <gbmko@> wrote:

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

I have not worked with many of the included designs on the machine, but generally you can leave the jump cut turned off and turn the "Cutting command" feature on. That way the only cuts that will be made are the ones that the digitizer put into the design. Most designs sold today are built to work this way, as so many people have commercial, or multi-needle machines that rely on those trim commands.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "gbmko" <gbmko@...> wrote:

Thank you for the information.

is there a way to tell beforehand which designs you want to have the "jump cut" turned off?

the design is beautiful stitched out! I'll give it a try again with that feature turned off.

Judy <judyjanome@...>

When I first tried my machine I embroidered with the accessory case on not the table. Something caught on the edge of the case and caused a problem and threw the embroidery off. Since I only emb with the acrylic table on. Anyone else have a problem with that. I don't believe it told you what to have on if anything. It does make since there wound be more stability with one or the other on. Judy

Sent from my iPhone