Topics

Accessories Janome S9

Mary Mills

Hi everyone, I recently bought myself a Janome S9 and absolutely adore it!  Could not afford the amazing 15000 but this machine is good value for the price, amongst the items I received in the box is a roll of felt and a roll of plastic, does anyone know what these items are for?  Silly question I know, but I am curious.

Also could someone tell me the functions of the 'dual feet" accessories?  Are they the equivalent of walking feet in other Janome machines?   Thanks in advance for any advice, regards, Mary in Australia

SparkleFever

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 08:51 pm, Mary Mills wrote:
'dual feet" accessories?  Are they the equivalent of walking feet in other Janome machines
 Yes they are used in the same way as the even feed foot only better in some ways, for example they're not as bulky and there is a dual feed zipper foot as well.  It's very useful indeed.

The 9 has the set of twin dual feed feet (AD, UD and OD) and the set of single dual feed feet (VD and ED)

Depending on what you sew, I recommend getting the concealed zipper foot if you do dressmaking and lots more spare bobbins.
received in the box is a roll of felt and a roll of plastic
I don't know so guessing - maybe the felt is a sample for you to try out some stitches or to try embroidering a design.
No idea about the plastic.
Something that I like that came with my Janome (different model) is the (peelable) rectangle of plastic that is placed on the freearm near the needle plate to protect that part of the bed from scratches or rubbing marks from the movement of embroidery hoops

Enjoy your wonderful machine
--
SparkleFever

favymtz

Page 9 in the manual pictures the felt and stabilizers. These are samples of what you might use for various embroidery projects.
Page 35 in the manual explains the uses of the Dual Feed Feet, also known as Acu-Feed system. Yes, they are the equivalent of walking feet.
There are two things I'm constantly amazed at: One that machine dealers actually sell machines without explaining what they are selling to the purchaser. Second, that the purchaser doesn't take an active role in discovering what they have purchased. Reading the manual that comes with the machine is vital to this process of learning.
I hope that this doesn't sound harsh, but seriously we spend several thousand dollars on a machine and to not take charge and learn all of it's beauties is strange. I'm retired from working in a Janome dealership and still teach there. Our purpose is to educate and equip our customers to get the fullness out of their machines, I wish that all dealers would do so.

B Diane Landon

The roll of stuff is samples of different kinds of stabilizer to use with embroidery module. The dual feed feet are your walking feet. I’m thrilled with my S9.
B Diane Landon
6600p and S9

Carolyn Gazerro

One of the reasons people don’t use the manual as a resource is it can be confusing as to what and where to look. Downloading the manual to iBooks on the iPad helps tremendously! Using the search tool is way better than thumbing through the hard copy.

Carolyn 🌹

Laura Velez <lgvelez@...>

I’ll agree with you there. My iBook app is loaded with my collection great information.