need digitzer guidance!!!

Vivienne Gilmour

I was able to get information regarding a hatch driver for installing MBX4 onto a Windows 10 computer from Janome Australia. They seem to be much more accommodating then their counterparts! Sorry, I cant talk for Windows11 but you could try.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Lyn Quine

It’s really sad that MBX is no longer supported.  She might be able to get a deal if she contacts Wilcom.  They won’t offer any support as there is no longer a contract.  That’s the message I got when I reached out to them for help with 5.5.  But I did do a “trade in” my 5.5 for Hatch 2.  I didn’t pay the full price and have since upgraded to Hatch 3.  Hatch is a lot more stable than the MBX 5 or 5.5.  I had so many problems with it.  I was very reluctant to spend yet more money.  But I now have a program that is similar to 5.5 so easier learning curve, and frankly Hatch and 5.5 are easier to use than MBX 4 or 4.5.  It might be worth emailing to see if they are offering the trade in deal on the earlier versions of MBX.

On 30 Jun 2022, at 13:42, Kaye Lessard <ekay50@...> wrote:

Hi Jim,
Been awhile - I have a friend who has digitzer mbx 4.0 K  - Her daughter bought her a new computer -windoes 11-and I have not been able to get program installed.
will not validate the gold dongle!  I know the dongle is working as I installed on a windows 10 computer no problem!
Will it work on windows  11 or not?   I have installed the hasp driver v 8.13 -
any guidance will be appreciated!!
Kaye lessard
Louisiana

favymtz

I'm not Jim, but I can tell you that a friend who has 4.5 wasn't able to get it installed on her new Windows 10 computer which was purchased late in 2021. I tried to help, the Geek Squad at our local store tried as well. She reached out to Janome support who sent her a new dongle and it didn't work either. With the limited support they offer they said it must be something in the newer computers that isn't compatible.
Final story, she has basically lost her program since it won't run on a new computer. When her old computer dies that will be the end of her investment in MBX.
Favymtz

--
Favymtz

Jim Stutsman

MBX 4 is from a bygone era, when Windows 7 was just becoming popular. I've been Windows-sober for 15 years now, and I have not looked at Windows 11 at all. I suspect that the problem is deeper than the HASP driver. If there is a solution, it would likely involve virtual machine software like Virtual Box. You would also need a copy of Windows 7 to install on the virtual machine. A few months back I migrated Diane's Windows 7 to Windows 10, and went through a great deal of misery getting Digitizer V5.0 to work again. MBX 4.0 is unsupported software, so there isn't going to be any help available from Janome. I don't see any good options for getting this to work, unless your friend has access to someone with a wealth of Windows knowledge and a very high level of patience. Otherwise her only option may be to move to either Hatch or Artistic Digitizer, either of which will be costly. Sorry for the bad news!

Kaye Lessard