AcuDesign fault

Pru Joy

I was most perturbed today to find that my embossed design on a towel was not centred as I had been so careful to check before stitching. I just couldn’t work out what had gone wrong so I checked all the processes & finally found that the fault was in AcuDesign. I always use AcuDesign if I have to resize a design as it adjusts the stitch density accordingly. I usually just choose a different size hoop & then click the “fit to hoop” button. And that’s what I had done this time.

However when I used the AcuDesign on screen tape measure I found that yes it was centred in the original hoop but after fitting to a different hoop it was definitely no longer centred! Out by at least a centimetre or so depending on the size of hoop.

Wow, this explained a couple of designs that had also not turned out as well placed as I had tried to set up but which I just put down to my own novice effort. I did then delete the AcuDesign app from my iPad & then reinstalled it but the results were the same. So now I guess I will just have to drop the idea of using “the fit to hoop” option.

Pru Joy

Hahaha, more fool me, I have just remembered that the centre is not necessarily equidistant on the different hoops.  But I still can’t work out why the design wasn’t centred ... no doubt due to operator error & not the equipment, just wish I knew how ... of course I could blame it on the heatwave we have been having for over a week now.

B Diane Landon <publicaddress@...>

After the “fit to hoop” click the centering icon.

Sent from my iPad

Pru Joy

Thanks for that ... I can see the fit to hoop button but not a centering button ...?

i just checked the SQ14 hoop again & yes it’s own plastic template does line up with the plastic notches for Centering.  But when you fit a design to the hoop in AcuDesign it shows the blue Center crosshairs as about a centimetre below the notches ... yahhh, wish I had a “tear hair” emoticon!

ccaseber <ccaseber@...>

Read your manual about calibrating the hoop.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Friday, January 26, 2018, 11:20 PM, Pru Joy <prujoy@...> wrote:

Thanks for that ... I can see the fit to hoop button but not a centering button ...?

i just checked the SQ14 hoop again & yes it’s own plastic template does line up with the plastic notches for Centering.  But when you fit a design to the hoop in AcuDesign it shows the blue Center crosshairs as about a centimetre below the notches ... yahhh, wish I had a “tear hair” emoticon!

Pru Joy

Thanks for the reminder to calibrate the hoops, I last did it over a year ago. However my frustration is with AcuDesign showing the centre of the sq14 hoop as being about a centimetre below the actual centering notches on the hoop while the plastic template shows the centre as matching those notches.

Patricia Finnegan

Pry Joy have you tried using the AcuSetter App to make sure you have it exactly where you want it. There is an YouTube on how to use the App and how to mark your hoop. I use it all the time for my design placement and they come out perfect every time. Hope this helps. Patti

Sandra Williamson

That video is done by 2 gals at Pocono Sew  Vac & it starts with strong color contrast striped fabric that is hooped askew which presents a huge challenge for the app. By following the steps, they then stitch the design. It is worth your time, IMO!

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 11:41 PM, PATTI@...
<PATTI@...> wrote:
Pry Joy have you tried using the AcuSetter App to make sure you have it exactly where you want it. There is an YouTube on how to use the App and how to mark your hoop. I use it all the time for my design placement and they come out perfect every time. Hope this helps. Patti

Pru Joy

Yes I’ve used the AcuSetter app but couldn’t use it for stitching on a towel as it covered the black marks on the hoop.

Ceil J

Pru,
If you can use the ASQ22 hoop for your towel, you can sit the SQ23 hoop (inner section) on top of it and use the AcuSetter app.  I did this with a quilt to get perfect placement of some designs.  As the hoop sizes are so similar the placement worked out for me.  I didn't tell my machine that I was using the ASQ22 hoop and let it think it was the SQ23 hoop.  Not sure if I posted the method here (think I did).  It was a quilt on which I embroidered leaves.  Using a template from HLS, AcuDesign and AcuSetter, I was able to resize and rotate the leaves and place them exactly where I wanted them.

Pru Joy

Gosh, great tip Ceil, thanx for that! I’ll definitely give it a go 😊👍🏻