thread coming out of holder?

Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...>

Melanie,
My 15000 threads that way too sometimes. If you look closely you will see that it is not three threads going throught the needle. One is the thread still caught by the thread cutter. the other two are actually the loop that is pushed through the eye of the needle by the threader. If you put something (a needle or seam ripper) through the look behind the needle and pull gently the thread will finish going through the eye--no jamming.
Kathy

On Thursday, January 20, 2022, 07:27:59 AM CST, Melanie Dumas <ursuladumas@...> wrote:

I have a Memorycraft 15000 updated to Quiltmaker 15000 version 3. As I thread the machine the portion before the automatic needle threader, the thread clasp hook ( unsure of what to call this piece) keeps slipping the thread out and then there seems to be 3 threads caught up in the needle and jamming.  I can get it to sew properly again until the next time after rethreading. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions for a fix?

Jim Stutsman

That "clasp hook" is actually a spring. When threading it's important to snap the thread completely past it, as it's job is to keep the thread from coming out of the take-up lever. If you don't get the thread fully snapped in, it will slip down to the back of the lever and eventually come off, leading to the problem. If you are sure you're getting the thread all the way in, open the door and look closely at the spring. If it doesn't completely close the eye you need to have your dealer take a look at it.

Melanie Dumas