Conversion tips

Pixey

So since machines are in short supply, my local dealer is offering some good holiday sales on sewing/embroidery accessory bundles. I got an Accuquilt Go bundle yesterday…Merry Christmas to me! One of the items in the bundle was an embroidery appliqué design collection for a quilt that unfortunately does not include JEF as one of its formats, so I am going to have to convert stitch files to use it, which I actually have never done before but know can be tricky.

I have MBX v4.5 and Hatch v2, but was wondering if anyone can offer a recommendation about the best format to work from, other tips to avoid problems, and which might work best. The available stitch formats are .exp, .art, .art60, .pes, .pcs, .dst, .hus, .xxx, .sew, .vp3

Thanks,
Pixey

Lyn Quine

I have Janome V5.5 and have used V4 and V5. I’ve not had a problem converting a format to .jef. .dst should work in your machine, most modern machines read .dst now, .sew is an old format for Janome I think, and I think I have used it on my 350e, not sure if I’ve used it on my 12 or 15. Not sure if =4.5 will convert automatically to .jef, if you send it to USB as the later versions do when the Janome machine and hoop are selected. It’s been a long time since I used V4.

Lyn

On 13 Dec 2021, at 15:14, Pixey via groups.io <pixeyam@...> wrote:

So since machines are in short supply, my local dealer is offering some good holiday sales on sewing/embroidery accessory bundles. I got an Accuquilt Go bundle yesterday…Merry Christmas to me! One of the items in the bundle was an embroidery appliqué design collection for a quilt that unfortunately does not include JEF as one of its formats, so I am going to have to convert stitch files to use it, which I actually have never done before but know can be tricky.

I have MBX v4.5 and Hatch v2, but was wondering if anyone can offer a recommendation about the best format to work from, other tips to avoid problems, and which might work best. The available stitch formats are .exp, .art, .art60, .pes, .pcs, .dst, .hus, .xxx, .sew, .vp3

Thanks,
Pixey

Pixey

Thanks Lyn. I have never tried the .dst format directly to the machine. I know it loses the color details, but I often ignore that anyway and use my own sequencing and substituting (one reason I have no interest in a multi-needle).

Pixey

On Dec 13, 2021, at 10:32 AM, Lyn Quine <lynquine@...> wrote:

[...]

Cat - N

I pretty much never use the original colors in a purchased design. Lol. It’s one of the main reasons I bought several editors before Hatch was invented…before MBX 5 came out.   I have also bought .pes and some other formats when a design wasn’t being sold in .JEF format. I have had very good experiences with converting designs but I do often test if there’s any doubt…or it’s important or I don’t want to have to rip!

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.