Noisy Embroidery Arm

Meryl Margolies

I tried all of the suggestions. It's a bit better now.

Thank you.
--
Thank you,
Meryl

Betty <Betty@...>

Wow! The point was needle placement could be the problem.

The muscle part was a joke -silly-just in case you didn’t get it.

Betty

On Sep 14, 2021, at 8:01 AM, Diane <Sewgran7@...> wrote:

Be careful of extreme tightening because you can strip the screw.

Diane B

Diane

Be careful of extreme tightening because you can strip the screw.

Diane B

Betty <Betty@...>

Meryl,

Not sure but you can try to check and see if the needle is slightly loose. It would cause a lot of clunking noise and problems if that were the case.  It can loosen up even after extreme  tightening or maybe I just need more muscle tone.  😁

Betty

On Sep 11, 2021, at 8:28 AM, Meryl Margolies <machinequilter1@...> wrote:

Thank you. Will take off the arm and take a good look.

Have a sew-sew day,
Meryl

--
Thank you,
Meryl

Meryl Margolies

Thank you. Will take off the arm and take a good look.

Have a sew-sew day,
Meryl

--
Thank you,
Meryl

Lyn Quine

I found a pin was stuck in my 15000 arm (same as the 12000 arm). It was a really awful grinding noise.  It was stuck between the arm and the base of the unit.

On 10 Sep 2021, at 20:47, Meryl Margolies <machinequilter1@...> wrote:

ALL OF A SUDDEN the embroidery arm on my MC12000 started making a slight noise when the arm repositions vertically. Any idea what may have cause this? Any idea if there's a quick fix. Other than the noise it's working fine.
--
Thank you,
Meryl

Jim Stutsman

It's very hard to say. My best guess would be that there is something inside the carriage that is causing it. To find out would require opening the case of the carriage, which is not recommended for the average user. Here's something to try:

  1. Remove the carriage from the machine.
  2. Open the arm until it locks in the 90 degree position.
  3. Hold the carriage to the open side of the arm is facing down and shake it. If there is anything loose inside it might fall out.
  4. Use a strong light and look in through the opening on the arm to see if there is anything obvious, like lint, a bit of fabric, pin, etc. You may be able to use tweezers to carefully extract it.
Otherwise you may want to have your dealer open it up and see what's happening inside.

Meryl Margolies