STX for you!

favymtz

Gg, I in turn wish I could hit a “like” to say thanks for appreciating my comments!
And you’re welcome!
--
Favymtz

Kim Normandin

Favymtz,

I wish I could hit the “LIKE” button!  That was a wonderful explanation. Thank you so much.

Kim

On Sep 4, 2021, at 6:05 AM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

Kathy, I don't know which "motif" area you're referring to, but I'll try to explain what I know about Stitches.
Decorative stitches are in many categories in our 15000 machine; Applique, Heirloom, Quilting, Decorative, Tapered, Long, Pictograph and Play are the categories.
Some of these stitches are also available on the embroidery side of the machine in the "Normal Sew" category of the Monogram section.
The Stitch Composer program creates stitches with an .stx format.
These stitches are then sent to the sewing machine via the usb. to be used as decorative stitches on the sewing side of the machine.
The Horizon LInk Suite program that came with the machine has some of the stitches from the machine within it so that we can alter them if we want to, or use them as a learning tool to see how they've been digitized.
The AcuStitch program available for purchase (about $35 US) also has some of the machine stitches in it.
Any .stx stitch that has been created can be used in either the AcuStitch program, the Horizon Link Edit mode and the sewing machine.
They are not embroidery motifs unless these decorative stitches have been turned into jef files via the Horizon Link or the AcuStitch programs.
I hope that this helps!
--
Favymtz

Kathy Skagen

Favy,
Thank you for the clear explanation. It does help a lot and I am getting better at understanding the different formats.
Kathy

On Saturday, September 4, 2021, 08:05:23 AM CDT, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Favy,
This is really nice! Thank you! I'm just learning about the apps. Is this considered a motif or is it a decorative stitch? I ask because I saw .stx in the motif folder.
Kathy

On Friday, September 3, 2021, 06:49:55 PM CDT, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

I think that I have probably mentioned in previous messages that I LOVE making stitches with Stitch Composer!
One of the stitches on our machines (15k, 12k etc) is a stitch that I wished Janome gave us the ability to horizontally flip,
so I did it in Stitch Composer.
I tried to upload into the Stitch folder but it wouldn't load so I'm attaching to this message.
Feel free to install it on any machine that uses .stx files!
A word about my system for how I name the stitches: The letter (Q=Quilt plus the number)
this was Quilt 63, so I add the b at the end of the name to indicate that I modified an existing stitch.

--
Favymtz

Cat - N

Thank you, Favy...so nice of you to share this reversed stitch you created.

- Cat

favymtz