Mbx 5.5 will not open

Thank you Jim for the advice an the link for making an image backup of the C Drive! Really great!

Enviado desde Yahoo Mail para iPad

El viernes, marzo 26, 2021, 8:46 a.m., Kaye Lessard <ekay50@...> escribió:

I  need advice
I have mbx5.5 on laptop windows 10
I was trying to send designs from a removable hard drive to a usb stick- looking at designs in manage designs - opening them -then write to usb
It wouldn’t write or let me export
Then it wouldn’t let me see designs!!!
They are older designs
So after using horizon link I decided to download sew iconzer
It put red X on my designs
So I uninstalled it!!
Now I am getting designs open with Corel
Will not let me change Jef files to digizter mbx

So I tried to repair the program -went to janome site downloaded the latest hasp driver
Then using the usb stick that came with v5.5 upgrade
I tried repairing the program
But then I got a crc error!!!
Now the digizter mbx will not open at all!!!
I have sent an email to janome- waiting for answer
Thought about I installing then reinstalling
But do I use the v5.0 cd then usb stick ?
If I’m suppose to use the usb stick what do I do if it is corrupted?
Any guidance is appreciated !!
kaye in la

favymtz

Oh wow Kaye, you’re in a pickle, and one that happened to me as well.
Sewiconz is the villain! I had installed it to see if it was a good option for my students who didn’t have any software to view embroidery designs. What a mess.
When it happened to me it took many, many tries for the Janome team and Wilcom working with me to get the program to work properly again. As Jim said the MBX was the appointed default to display images and Sewiconz overruled that and when you uninstall it permanent changes happened in MBX.
Don't worry, keep at the support people, and they’ll find the solution for your computer. You’ll be changing command lines and they need to determine exactly which.

I wish you good success!
--
Favymtz

Janet Bland

Sandy posted this link for the HASP driver and it worked great on my computer.  I used her instructions for installing Digitizer Pro and was able to get my old software up and running.

Be sure to read the update installation instructions.  You will also need to download a Windows 10 dongle driver for digitizer embroidery software.  I downloaded mine from:

https://supportportal.thalesgroup.com/csm?sys_kb_id=61fb0ee1dbd2e78cfe0aff3dbf9619ab&id=kb_article_view&sysparm_rank=8&sysparm_tsqueryId=5b1f73701b122c10f2888739cd4bcbd7&sysparm_article=KB0018320.

Jim Stutsman

Times like this are when you really want to have an image backup of your C drive, but I suspect you don't have that. It sounds like you may have multiple problems happening at once. Windows allows only one program to be responsible for opening a given file type. When you installed Iconizer it became the default. When you uninstalled it the default was not changed back to MBX - Windows doesn't do that. We have not upgraded from 5.0 to 5.5, so I don't know what's involved with the USB stick that came with 5.5. I would not recommend installing or reinstalling from the 5.0 DVD. Your best option now is to wait for Janome because this is very complex software and is super easy to mess up. The CRC error is worrying, because that essentially is saying that data being read from a hard drive is not correct. It could be a hard drive failure, especially if it's very old, or it could be a memory failure. It could also be data corruption. While you are waiting, it might be good to run diagnostics on the computer: https://quickdata.org/blog/how-to-run-diagnostics-on-windows-10/

For those reading this, the best kind of backup is one that makes a byte for bye image to an external hard drive. This is what I used before my Windows sobriety: https://www.acronis.com/en-us/products/true-image/
With an image backup you can restore your computer back to the state it was in when last backed up. If you do nightly backups you will normally never lose any work.

Kaye Lessard