Where do you get AcuStitch?

- Cat

__________

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 8:38 am, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

Another great little piece of software is the AcuStitch program!

Dottie Newkirk

Hi Cat - This information might be helpful.  It does answer a lot of questions.  Dottie in Texas

https://janomelife.wordpress.com/2019/03/18/glad-you-asked-that-what-is-acustitch-tool-and-what-is-the-new-acustitch-software/

On 3/19/2021 7:17 PM, Cat - N via groups.io wrote:
Where do you get AcuStitch?

- Cat

favymtz

Purchase AcuStitch from a Janome dealer.
No, you don't need WiFi to transfer designs.
It's a standalone program that runs on the pc, not to be confused with the Acu- apps that we use on the IPad.
It was released about two years ago, so not a new program.
I've attached the Janome Bulletin about AcuStitch.
~Favymtz

--
Favymtz

Toni Valenstein

Will the AcuStitch program ever be produced for the Mac?

Jim Stutsman

It's very unlikely, for a couple of reasons. First, AcuStitch is part of Horizon Link Suite, which is Windows-based. The only way it would ever come to Mac is if they ported the entire suite to Mac. Which brings us to the second reason - the 15000 is now in twilight. A new top line machine will be taking its place soon, perhaps this year. Janome has made it very clear in the past that once they are done with a machine all software development stops for that model. Our best hope is that they start using the company that created Artistic Digitizer for new software. Artistic Digitizer is dual-platform, so it's available for both Windows and Mac.

Cat - N

Thank you. I read the docs quite some time ago, and saved copies on my PC, figured I could get it from a Janome dealer but I haven’t been able to find an online Janome dealer offering to sell it.

My dealer is about 100 miles away, so I don’t see them often at all. I doubt they stock the software, so that translates to two (2) days of my time, and 400 miles for me...one (1) trip to order it and one (1) trip to pick it up.  I make two (2) trips a day (7:00-9:30 am and 4:00-6:30 pm) taking my 4-year-old autistic grandson to/from autism therapy so I’m probably out of luck. Grandson is far more important. Wonder why it isn’t sold online...

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.
_._,_._,_

Cheryl Alm

Thanks for the info.

On Mar 20, 2021, at 9:13 AM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

Purchase AcuStitch from a Janome dealer.
No, you don't need WiFi to transfer designs.
It's a standalone program that runs on the pc, not to be confused with the Acu- apps that we use on the IPad.
It was released about two years ago, so not a new program.
I've attached the Janome Bulletin about AcuStitch.
~Favymtz

--
Favymtz
<JTM-1038_AcuStitchTool.pdf>

Cat - N

I found it...and ordered it...woo hoo!

For anyone else looking for it who might not have a dealer nearby from whom to get it...like me, there are (were after my purchase) two (2) copies left, being sold by the same company at the two (2) links below:

https://www.amazon.com/AcuStitch-Software-MC14000-12000-11000/dp/B07QDBB27B

https://www.sewvacdirect.com/search-results-page?q=janome+acustitch

I buy from the above dealer anyway, so...woo hoo!

Wow...I can't believe I finally found it...and don't have to drive 200 to 400 miles to get a copy!  Relieved

- Cat (FL)