Digitizing software


Cynthia Dickerson
 

I just read the price of the new Janome digitizing  software.  I am one of the biggest Janome fans, but this is pricey.  I used Janome digitizer in the past but found that there was a much cheaper, way more advanced software available that was exceptional.  You might want to check into Embird software.  It has upgrades from time to time.  Some are free, some you pay for.  They usually run around $30.00 for an upgrade.  I have no connection to this software, but it is wonderful.  There are different parts of the software that you can purchase.  You only purchase what you think you will use.  I love to digitize and this software gives you everything that you need. It gives professional, quality designs.  If you need help,  you will receive fast, and excellent attention.   This just another option.

https://www.embird.net/

www.embird.net
Machine-independent embroidery software for designs digitizing, lettering, cross stitch, customizing & conversion. 70+ file formats for home & industrial machines
Do you sew?  Please visit my blog at www.cynsew.com for tutorials.



SparkleFever
 

The difficulty for beginners is that when they are looking around, they don't know what they don't know.
It's the same with sewing machines, embroidery machines, overlockers/sergers, coverstitch machines and with digitising software.
The package is only a tool that we use to digitise a design and it's often learning the process of digitising that is the most important part.

It's not always the price of the package that matters in the long run and everyone has their own preferences about which of the many different packages available they like and there are pros and cons with all of them.

My personal preference is for Hatch or Janome Digitiser V5 over Embird any day because I prefer the user interface and I find the mechanics of using the programme to create a design is more straight forward.  There's nothing wrong with Embird or many of the other packages per sae.  Thanks to what I've learnt from some amazingly generous people I know that I can digitise an acceptable design on most software packages, I'd just have to find out which buttons or menus to use to do what I want.  However, that's not the situation that a beginner faces. 

--
SparkleFever


Estelle Torpy
 

Another option is Embrilliance which works on both Mac and PC and you can have it on more than one computer. It too comes in modules so you buy only the level you want. There are a lot of youtube videos for examples on how to do different things. Also no dongle needed.

After owning expensive Pfaff software, instead of upgrading I looked into Embird and Embrilliance and found them both to be easier to use and they both have a 30 day free trial or demo mode.

Good luck with your decision, after all the only good software is the one that works for you.

Estelle


On Jan 18, 2018, at 3:57 AM, Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:

I just read the price of the new Janome digitizing  software.  I am one of the biggest Janome fans, but this is pricey.  I used Janome digitizer in the past but found that there was a much cheaper, way more advanced software available that was exceptional.  You might want to check into Embird software.  It has upgrades from time to time.  Some are free, some you pay for.  They usually run around $30.00 for an upgrade.  I have no connection to this software, but it is wonderful.  There are different parts of the software that you can purchase.  You only purchase what you think you will use.  I love to digitize and this software gives you everything that you need. It gives professional, quality designs.  If you need help,  you will receive fast, and excellent attention.   This just another option.
Machine-independent embroidery software for designs digitizing, lettering, cross stitch, customizing & conversion. 70+ file formats for home & industrial machines
Do you sew?  Please visit my blog at www.cynsew.com for tutorials.




norma carson
 

I'm an Embird user also, love it! tried embrilliance and returned it, not as user friendly as Embird...
Norma
Lodi, CA




On Jan 18, 2018, at 7:35 AM, Estelle Torpy <emtorpy@...> wrote:

Another option is Embrilliance which works on both Mac and PC and you can have it on more than one computer. It too comes in modules so you buy only the level you want. There are a lot of youtube videos for examples on how to do different things. Also no dongle needed.

After owning expensive Pfaff software, instead of upgrading I looked into Embird and Embrilliance and found them both to be easier to use and they both have a 30 day free trial or demo mode.

Good luck with your decision, after all the only good software is the one that works for you.

Estelle


On Jan 18, 2018, at 3:57 AM, Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:

I just read the price of the new Janome digitizing  software.  I am one of the biggest Janome fans, but this is pricey.  I used Janome digitizer in the past but found that there was a much cheaper, way more advanced software available that was exceptional.  You might want to check into Embird software.  It has upgrades from time to time.  Some are free, some you pay for.  They usually run around $30.00 for an upgrade.  I have no connection to this software, but it is wonderful.  There are different parts of the software that you can purchase.  You only purchase what you think you will use.  I love to digitize and this software gives you everything that you need. It gives professional, quality designs.  If you need help,  you will receive fast, and excellent attention.   This just another option.
Machine-independent embroidery software for designs digitizing, lettering, cross stitch, customizing & conversion. 70+ file formats for home & industrial machines
Do you sew?  Please visit my blog at www.cynsew.com for tutorials.





maggie cooper
 

''I used Janome digitizer in the past but found that there was a much cheaper, way more advanced software available that was exceptional.''
I don't normally wade into discussions about Digitising software, but today I'm making an exception. The reason I don't wade in is because of my bias, I've owned several different digitising suites, Brothers embroidery suite, Pfaffs embroidery suite,  Husqvarna's software.  I now own  Floriani  FTC-U , Generation plus software, Embird basic + Studio, cross stitch, photo-stitch, iconizer, , Janome MBX version 5 ( I started with Janome Digitiser 10000, and upgraded) Wilcom's Hatch, Wilcom's Embroidery Studio version 3 and am looking at upgrading to ES4, . 
One thing I've realised about any software not just digitising software, is the user interface has to suit the end user, if it doesn't learning how to get the best from any program will be an uphill struggle. I'm an end user that prefers not to have to leave my digitising screen in order to export to a stitch format, edit stitches, create multi hoop layouts, write to card or usb, I prefer to handle everything in a one screen setting, not have to jump to an editor or manager. Although Janome digitiser 10000 was very limited, and I used Embird at the same time, it was the Janome digitiser that made me actually learn two things. Firstly it forced me to be inventive, to experiment and find ways to overcome the programs limitations and learn how to manually digitise. Secondly it taught me, it's not all the bells and whistles a program may or may not have, that makes an end user a good digitiser, but what an end user does with the tools provided.

I have the latest build of Embird, its still a good program, but for me and my user interface preferences, the Wilcom written programs are superb. Here is where I have to declare I beta test Wilcom software, their domestic and commercial packages. There was a tremendous leap forward in Janomes Digitiser Pro version 3, version 4 saw another huge leap forward, and version 5 flew skywards. I personally can't wait to see what MBX 5.5 has to offer. As for pricing, that is decided by Janome America, not Wilcom. Wilcom's own domestic software, a really nice user friendly software with the added bonus of excellent software support provided by Wilcom, is priced by Wilcom, and is affordable, it shares a similar user interface with the Bernina and Janome software.  Am I trying to sell it, no I am not, I couldn't give a monkeys which software folks buy, but I would say, ask yourselves do I like one screen applications, or do I prefer switching between modules. Am I prepared to put in the time, effort, commitment needed to learn to digitise manually, or would an auto digitiser suit my needs better. 
Maggie Cooper aka Digimad, mags meandering.


Mary E
 

I received a Floriani program as part of the package when I bought my 15000. She had discounted the machine and threw in the program which I believe was valued at over $1000. I had no idea of how to use it but knew I wanted to do embroidery. I was able to use it to embroider images online that were the right size and density. The manual was rather confusing for me as I am a visual learner. I finally found this wonderful website on YouTube of a fellow who posts all kinds of videos on how to use the program, plus how to digitize a design. The idea that most of us don’t even know what we don’t know is right on. I’m still very happy with the software, which upgrades for free, even though I have to use VMWare on my Mac, but it’s one of those things where you really have to get experience before you really know what you need. Having sewn for 55+ years, I was certain about the 15000.
Mary


On Thursday, January 18, 2018, maggie cooper via Groups.Io <maggiecoops=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
''I used Janome digitizer in the past but found that there was a much cheaper, way more advanced software available that was exceptional.''
I don't normally wade into discussions about Digitising software, but today I'm making an exception. The reason I don't wade in is because of my bias, I've owned several different digitising suites, Brothers embroidery suite, Pfaffs embroidery suite,  Husqvarna's software.  I now own  Floriani  FTC-U , Generation plus software, Embird basic + Studio, cross stitch, photo-stitch, iconizer, , Janome MBX version 5 ( I started with Janome Digitiser 10000, and upgraded) Wilcom's Hatch, Wilcom's Embroidery Studio version 3 and am looking at upgrading to ES4, . 
One thing I've realised about any software not just digitising software, is the user interface has to suit the end user, if it doesn't learning how to get the best from any program will be an uphill struggle. I'm an end user that prefers not to have to leave my digitising screen in order to export to a stitch format, edit stitches, create multi hoop layouts, write to card or usb, I prefer to handle everything in a one screen setting, not have to jump to an editor or manager. Although Janome digitiser 10000 was very limited, and I used Embird at the same time, it was the Janome digitiser that made me actually learn two things. Firstly it forced me to be inventive, to experiment and find ways to overcome the programs limitations and learn how to manually digitise. Secondly it taught me, it's not all the bells and whistles a program may or may not have, that makes an end user a good digitiser, but what an end user does with the tools provided.

I have the latest build of Embird, its still a good program, but for me and my user interface preferences, the Wilcom written programs are superb. Here is where I have to declare I beta test Wilcom software, their domestic and commercial packages. There was a tremendous leap forward in Janomes Digitiser Pro version 3, version 4 saw another huge leap forward, and version 5 flew skywards. I personally can't wait to see what MBX 5.5 has to offer. As for pricing, that is decided by Janome America, not Wilcom. Wilcom's own domestic software, a really nice user friendly software with the added bonus of excellent software support provided by Wilcom, is priced by Wilcom, and is affordable, it shares a similar user interface with the Bernina and Janome software.  Am I trying to sell it, no I am not, I couldn't give a monkeys which software folks buy, but I would say, ask yourselves do I like one screen applications, or do I prefer switching between modules. Am I prepared to put in the time, effort, commitment needed to learn to digitise manually, or would an auto digitiser suit my needs better. 
Maggie Cooper aka Digimad, mags meandering.


Kaye Lessard
 

I see you say something about mbx 5.5!!
so Janome is still gonna give us more with another upgrade!!!  Great news!!!! I'm excited now!!!
kaye in la


maggie cooper
 

Kaye, it is my understanding that Janome America has agreed to continue support for MBX, and that dealers can submit orders for any new upgrades as they have always done. The difference will be JAI will only order any new versions to cover dealers customers requests. So there might be a time delay.  As for new versions, well that depends on Janome Tokyo, and they seem to wish to continue with MBX as their flagship digitising suite. Unfortunately I'm not privvy to the future development of MBX beyond the point agreed between JAI and Wilcom last October, so my hope is JAI honours the agreement and North American users of MBX will have access to any new MBX versions should they wish to continue using it. 


Sandra Williamson
 

Thanks for this comment as I've figured my decision would be a choice between these two options- Embrilliance or Embird. Returning one says a lot.


On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 10:44 AM, norma carson
<norma7750@...> wrote:
I'm an Embird user also, love it! tried embrilliance and returned it, not as user friendly as Embird...
Norma
Lodi, CA




On Jan 18, 2018, at 7:35 AM, Estelle Torpy <emtorpy@...> wrote:

Another option is Embrilliance which works on both Mac and PC and you can have it on more than one computer. It too comes in modules so you buy only the level you want. There are a lot of youtube videos for examples on how to do different things. Also no dongle needed.

After owning expensive Pfaff software, instead of upgrading I looked into Embird and Embrilliance and found them both to be easier to use and they both have a 30 day free trial or demo mode.

Good luck with your decision, after all the only good software is the one that works for you.

Estelle


On Jan 18, 2018, at 3:57 AM, Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:

I just read the price of the new Janome digitizing  software.  I am one of the biggest Janome fans, but this is pricey.  I used Janome digitizer in the past but found that there was a much cheaper, way more advanced software available that was exceptional.  You might want to check into Embird software.  It has upgrades from time to time.  Some are free, some you pay for.  They usually run around $30.00 for an upgrade.  I have no connection to this software, but it is wonderful.  There are different parts of the software that you can purchase.  You only purchase what you think you will use.  I love to digitize and this software gives you everything that you need. It gives professional, quality designs.  If you need help,  you will receive fast, and excellent attention.   This just another option.
Machine-independent embroidery software for designs digitizing, lettering, cross stitch, customizing & conversion. 70+ file formats for home & industrial machines
Do you sew?  Please visit my blog at www.cynsew.com for tutorials.