Topics

Fusible fleece

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

can someone recommend a “batting” that is firmer than fusible fleece, but not rigid?  I like my purses to stay upright, not flop over, but still have some flexibility.  I tried In Control, but don’t remember if I liked it.  I do remember it being expensive, which is OK if it works!  Thanks.
Sue Raabe  susie’s.stitches@...

Annette Sharpe

If you are in the U.K. try Empress Mills they do  backing for bags, firm but flexible.

On 17 Jan 2018, at 21:39, Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...> wrote:

can someone recommend a “batting” that is firmer than fusible fleece, but not rigid?  I like my purses to stay upright, not flop over, but still have some flexibility.  I tried In Control, but don’t remember if I liked it.  I do remember it being expensive, which is OK if it works!  Thanks.
Sue Raabe  susie’s.stitches@...

Katherine Klein

I use Bosal foam. I make a lot of bags. I use it without fusible because I Quilt all my bags. I think You can get it with one side fusible.

Sent from my iPhone

Ceil J

I used by Annie Soft n Stable in a bag I made recently.  It is not fusible (not sure if they have a fusible line) but you could spray it perhaps.  It does allow the bag to sit on its own and was easy to stitch through.  It's sort of a foam and yes, it is both soft and stable.

Judi Rutherford

I use Bosal In R Foam for making purses.  It is firmer than fusible fleece but not heavy or stiff.  It comes in white or black, fusible on one side or both sides or not at all and a variety of sizes or by the roll.  https://www.bosalonline.com/in-r-form

You can buy it on line at Amazon or quilts shops. Joanns also carries it.

Judi

Deb Keldrauk

I have also used this product it's nice and less expensive than the offerings from "Annies" I have purchased it on Amazon.
Deb in CA

Marsha

have you tried Soft and Stable?  here’s a link:

HTH,

Marsha

cas <cassweet@...>

This is what was recommended to me

https://www.bosalonline.com/in-r-form

I think I used the white sew in.  I don’t think it comes in fusible.  It’s not fleece though, more like a thin foam.

Cas

cas <cassweet@...>

Oops, I didn’t scroll down.  The Bosal In-R form does come in fusible. It is not fleece though so you would need to add a liner if you use it.

https://www.bosalonline.com/in-r-form

Cas

cas <cassweet@...>

Roberta K

Hi Cas,

The Pellon product is a stabilizer for things like collars and cuffs. It is definitely not stiff enough for a purse.

Roberta in FL
11000se

Claire Schutz

Sue, try Bosal In-R-Form Plus which is made for totes and purses.  Suppose to be very good. Have some but haven't used as yet, there are different types, fusible and not fusible, Claire S.

On 1/17/2018 3:39 PM, Sue Raabe wrote:
can someone recommend a “batting” that is firmer than fusible fleece, but not rigid?  I like my purses to stay upright, not flop over, but still have some flexibility.  I tried In Control, but don’t remember if I liked it.  I do remember it being expensive, which is OK if it works!  Thanks.
Sue Raabe  susie’s.stitches@...

Ceil J

Claire Schutz

no but bookmarked this place and will give it a try, thanks, Claire

On 1/18/2018 9:55 AM, Marsha wrote:
have you tried Soft and Stable?  here’s a link:

HTH,

Marsha

cas <cassweet@...>

Thanks Roberta,

I saw it in an article about purses on Craftsy, and remembered this conversation.

Cas

Hi Cas,

The Pellon product is a stabilizer for things like collars and cuffs. It is definitely not stiff enough for a purse.

Roberta in FL

11000se

Delores Keith

Would timex work it is very stiff

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 18, 2018, at 5:00 PM, Claire Schutz <cyschutz@...> wrote:

no but bookmarked this place and will give it a try, thanks, Claire

On 1/18/2018 9:55 AM, Marsha wrote:
have you tried Soft and Stable?  here’s a link:

HTH,

Marsha

martie_in_ca

I have purchased Fusible Fleece from Nancys Notions online.  It looks like quarter inch thick fleece, but when it is ironed on it crushes down to a fairly stiff and crisp interfacing.  I do use it for purses.  Annie's Soft and Stable gives roundness to all folded areas, after all it is soft foam.  Each of these two products have different but useful areas in purse making.
Martie in CA

Sue Raabe <susies.stitches@...>

Thanks for all the responses to my question about fusible fleece.  I’m going to get a small package of each (soft and stable and bosal, and see what works best.  I’m tired of floppy purses, but don’t want them stiff as a board!
Sue Raabe susie’s.stitches@...

Jayne Griffith

I love Soft And Stable.

Moira Rogow

I used soft n stable foam for two little purses I made recently for my nieces. It's not fusible, but I did use spray adhesive on it and it worked very well.
Moira

On Saturday, January 20, 2018, 12:09:31 PM CST, Jayne Griffith <jaynegriffith@...> wrote:

I love Soft And Stable.