Skipped stitches

Delores Keith

Sew paper over the cork fabric it just tears off.I do that with different kinds of fabric it works great

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 8:48 AM, SparkleFever via groups.io <colour2.inspire@...> wrote:

@Cheryl Paul Possibly some drag or needle cling going through the thicker layers - try the next size up for your needle.
--
SparkleFever

SparkleFever

Edited

@ladybug35186 Possibly some drag or needle cling going through the thicker layers - try the next size up for your needle.
--
SparkleFever

Cheryl Paul

Have you tried the “Purple” tip needle? I’ve never sewed cork, so I’m not sure what needles are recommended for it, but my friend has sewed many on her 12000, 15000, and probably most on her old 6600. She got a Continental M7 as she makes so many that she wanted a more robust machine and that the M7 is. However, she has never mentioned having skipped stitches using cork or vinyl - she amazes me.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

ladybug35186

I have been trying to make a phone bag using cork and a fabric lining.  When  I am sewing on cotton fabric, my Janome Horizon stitches beautifully but when I add layers of cork and fabric,  the machine may skip one or several stitches.  I have changed needles and thread and speed.  Any suggestions will be welcome.  Thanks!