Presser Foot Error

Jim Stutsman

That error is a catch-all that indicates one of the self tests has failed. If the chattering is very loud it might be due to the embroidery unit not being able to verify its home position. After turning the machine off, take the embroidery unit off and see if you still get the error. If that clears the error there may be debris inside the carriage. If you still get the error then it could be one of 3 different sensors that is blocked by lint, or has failed. You'll need dealer assistance with that.

rosematt11@...

I have the Horizon 12000. When I turn the machine on I get an error code, “Raise Presser Foot and Needle Bar, then turn power on again.” After doing as instructed, it chatters, then gives me the same message. I’ve tried at least five times, putting the Needle Bar in various positions; one time unplugging the machine to make sure I have a full reset. The results were the same, a chatter, and the message reappears. I fear it’s a major repair! Anyone have ideas or suggestions?